• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This stay in place order... Is it legally binding?

True. While cops could hassle you if they want... because they are cops... if it came to some sort of fine or jail time, they really cannot enforce it.

You can't have your 1st, 4th and 5th Amendment rights cancelled because the governor issued a memo...

Florida arrested a pastor who continued to hold church services after the state wide "shelter in place" order was imposed. He had to post bond to get out of jail, and will have to respond to the charges later.

I am greatly disturbed by this. We have faced crisis before, and even the President has not been allowed to suspend Constitutional rights.

What is happening is that the mayor of any one red light town, or the governor of one state, can suspend basic Constitutional rights for what that person perceives as an "emergency".

Just like the yahoo sheriff who say that landowners of mountain cabins can't drive to their property, effectively seizing their property without due process of law.

One of the rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution, in the original part, is the freedom of travel. That provision was added to prevent exactly what we are seeing today - local authorities preventing citizens of the US from freely traveling state to state.

If these arrests are upheld by the courts, we as a country are in for dark days, because every time you turn around, someone somewhere is declaring a "state of emergency" about something. History shows us that if the usurpation of the Constitution is permitted, local officials wanting to show their self importance, will be quick t o suspend Constitutional rights "for public safety."

I had to bring a friend back to his house in gray today. I picked him up at his cabin in lake Jackson. I don’t think anyone in lake Jackson got the memo. It looked like a redneck spring break. My buddies house is right on the water and there were probably 50 boats that passed by in the 30 mins I was there. We stop at a gas station with a little Caesar’s to fill up. The place had a line out the door. I’m pretty sure no one is taking this seriously.

Anyway, news flash, we aren’t a free country. Rights have slowly been stripped away since the turn of the 20th century. Don’t believe me? Try and buy a can or how about your favorite machine gun? Go 90 down the highway, tell a cop to f uck off, go buy your favorite recreational drug from your local convenience store, don’t pay your taxes. Your house is paid off? Wow, great! Now you have the luxury of only having to pay rent to the government till the day you die! You’re dead? Not so fast homeboy youre taxed on that too.

I read a post about leaders having good intentions. BS. You know who else had good intentions? Hitler, Moa, Stalin, Che, Sadaam, bin laden. They were all leaders doing what they thought was best.

Now maybe the mods will delete my post before it triggers some three letter agency who uses the patriot act to storm my house, and kill me because I’m a suspected terrorist from dumb rants on the internet. No ones free, we never were, and never will be.

Back
Top Bottom