• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This stay in place order... Is it legally binding?

A. Because one of the principles we fought for and became a nation for and was written into the constitution was the right to question authority. B. Because we all should know to question anything the media tells us. Do the right thing because logic tells us it is the right thing. Not because our elected employees tell us we have to.
Believe me I’d have a different opinion if it was just a hoax and people weren’t dying but this is as real as it gets. You cant stop a virus like this by continuing to spread it around. It wouldn’t have gotten to the point that it’s mandated on paper if people would have voluntarily complied.

Believe me I’d have a different opinion if it was just a hoax and people weren’t dying but this is as real as it gets. You cant stop a virus like this by continuing to spread it around. It wouldn’t have gotten to the point that it’s mandated on paper if people would have voluntarily complied.

So all of the exemptions... Those won't spread it further?

You going to the store, handling items, being in crowds of other shoppers, is somehow safer than me being alone, on a bike or in my own vehicle, up in the hills?

I can see the cops breaking up any gatherings, or businesses that should be closed but are having people in, etc...

But telling free citizens that they cannot travel freely, without papers from the government?

That's not America and it's not what the law says...

fear itself.jpg

My own take on the current situation: Follow the dictates of the elected leaders during the pandemic, not because they carry the force of law, but because they are (mostly) well-intentioned and not logically unreasonable. We chose leaders, and those leaders are asking us to follow in ways that (again, mostly) make sense for our communities and the nation as a whole.

VERY WELL SAID
Keep in mind that in the eyes of some it doesn't matter what our leaders do they are WRONG. Don't be one of those people. Look at the intent which is to keep even those haters well and get us through this. The Democrats are going to continue to say that Republican leaders are WRONG, do not fuel their cause.

JMO and it will not be worth anything to some.

Very well said,, we here on the ODT have a lot of computer commandos that always go against the norms

So all of the exemptions... Those won't spread it further?

You going to the store, handling items, being in crowds of other shoppers, is somehow safer than me being alone, on a bike or in my own vehicle, up in the hills?

I can see the cops breaking up any gatherings, or businesses that should be closed but are having people in, etc...

But telling free citizens that they cannot travel freely, without papers from the government?

That's not America and it's not what the law says...
They had to have exceptions and find a medium. The fewer people out, the less this can spread. You can’t of course leave the elderly or sickly at home without food and medication. I have family members that fit both categories, one of which is a Cancer patient that can’t go out. We have had to take them food and meds. We have to take extra precautions to do so. Going out with the crowds that should be home doesn’t make it easy.

Back
Top Bottom