• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This SEC Short should win an Oscar

Actually, I lived in Omaha during the heady days of the mid to late 90s. Probably attended 10 or so games in Lincoln. Those teams were incredible. Eric Crouch and my brother Bryan ran track together at Millard North, Eric had supper at our house several times that I can recall. I am still passively a Nebraska fan. I went to college here and no longer follow Nebraska sports closely.

It would take some convincing for me to believe that Nebraska football is some sort of charitable organization developing young men and also sometimes playing football on saturdays. Seems to me that they are no different than any other D1 program. Maybe worse than a lot of the others if you believe the rumors from back in the Osbourne era.
That's awesome. If you knew Osborne, and his family you'd understand the foundation of what built his "Mentor" program, and how much went into developing the boy into a man..in addition to the focus on football. It's part of the DNA of the program, and it's still a strong focus amongst the coaches.

Who was it on ESPN that said the big Red N on Nebraska's helmet stood for (k)Noledge

If you're going to joke about intellect, you should at lease spell (k)nowledge correctly. ;)
k14u398lx6461_8e1c44bc8b66633e74ea7ca5411c5d84775b1c2c.jpg

That's awesome. If you knew Osborne, and his family you'd understand the foundation of what built his "Mentor" program, and how much went into developing the boy into a man..in addition to the focus on football. It's part of the DNA of the program, and it's still a strong focus amongst the coaches.
So basically like any other program except many others actually win games too?:boink:

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom