• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking about getting back into compound bow hunting.

http://www.archerytalk.com
Here ya go. Every peice of bow hunting equipment you could ever want.

35-45 lbs will kill the biggest deer in ga no problem. Primitive people have been doing for thousands of years.

I shoot a mathews monster but its at 70lbs. My wife shoots a mathews jewel @55lbs. I would highly recommend going and looking at there line. I have a mathews reezen as well and its a sho nuff tack driver. I wish i could be more help but i dont have experience with other brands.

i1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff382_Eglock86_Mobile_20Uploads_20150405_175842.jpg
i1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff382_Eglock86_Mobile_20Uploads_20150405_175822.jpg

http://www.archerytalk.com
Here ya go. Every peice of bow hunting equipment you could ever want.

35-45 lbs will kill the biggest deer in ga no problem. Primitive people have been doing for thousands of years.

I shoot a mathews monster but its at 70lbs. My wife shoots a mathews jewel @55lbs. I would highly recommend going and looking at there line. I have a mathews reezen as well and its a sho nuff tack driver. I wish i could be more help but i dont have experience with other brands.

View attachment 1604135 View attachment 1604136
35-45 lbs. That's good to hear. Thanks man. :)

Did a google search and this is what was said about needed draw weight.

What is the lowest draw weight to kill a deer?
Note that you can effectively kill deer with a 40-pound draw-weight bow. As a rule of thumb, 40 pounds of kinetic energy efficiently kills whitetails, and 50 pounds or greater is required for larger game such as elk, moose or bear.

That being said. I think I can handle 50 pretty easy and make for quick follow up shots while sitting. It is harder to draw a bow while sitting in a tree stand but I have done it with 75 so 50 should be smooth and easy. I'm convinced I can do this now so time to get some cash together and get that bow I've been looking at. It adjusts from 7 to 70 so I can make it easy for whitetail and adjust up for more dangerous game.

Seems like when i was a kid there was a legal lb. Limit of 40lbs. I could be worng but it seems like i was told that as a young'un. Maybe some of you old timers can confirm that.
I honestly don't know I didn't get into bow hunting until I was in my early twenties and by then I was 6'2" 225 and built like a tank. 75 lbs was easy back then.

I shoot pretty often so 70 lbs isn't that bad for me. Especially with such a letoff on todays modern bows, but if i don't shoot for a week or two (rare) 70lbs feels more like 100lbs.

Check out archery talk classifieds. Lots of good deals on there. I used to buy, sell and trade bows on there all the time. Lots of other great hunting gear on there as well .
I honestly don't know I didn't get into bow hunting until I was in my early twenties and by then I was 6'2" 225 and built like a tank. 75 lbs was easy back then.

Back
Top Bottom