• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking about getting a 1st suppressor.

No one stated it, but your AR's wont be hearing safe if thats a factor. Sandman is pretty old in my eyes (6 years old) and I would go with something newer. I remember shooting a select-fire ACR with the YHM Turbo K and it wasnt bad, but I know you're wanting a .30 caliber. Only one's I would recommend would be DA Nomad L, AB Suppressors Raptor 6 or 8, and Energetic Armament LUX. The AB Raptor will be the lightest more than likely and can run as a reflex (suppressor) if chosen. Subjective choice if wanting to run a reflex, might knock off another 1-2 db's if suppression is your main focus. Also heard the TBAC Dominus is pretty good also. Another note, collecting tax stamps WILL become your new hobby. Just buy one now, 30 days another, 30 days another. You'll thank me later :boink: :becky:.

As the saying goes, A jack of all trades is a master of none. If you want something that will cover ALL bases as far as calibers, go SilencerCo Hybrid, Griffin Armament Optimus 9 or Bushwhacker. Liberty Mystic X is a good one also. They can suppress a plethora of calibers, but will not be the quietest or lightest.

Thanks AK74U AK74U ,

I’ll look into the Nomad and others.. I’m trying not to get too tied up in just decibel reduction but kinda looking for a well rounded package regarding length, weight, sound reduction, flash reduction and ease of mounting on different guns. I believe the 10.3 with the Sandman S would put my total barrel length at 16” give or take. Since this will be my HD setup, on a DD MK18 (heavy rail) I don’t want too much more weight up front.

I'm a silencershop dealer. Definitely recommend going through them. They make it so much easier. I think the hardest to beat rifle cans right now are yhm turbos and resonators. Really good price and seem to be very well made. Dead Air also makes excellent cans. Make sure you price the muzzle device your going to use too because you'll be buying a few of them at least. There's a lot of good suppressor options on the market.

I got a hybrid 46so I use it on pretty much everything I have. It came in the week after my surgery, so I have not had the fun or using it. My buddy has one and he loves it.

For money orders you might want to go with a USPS money order. They are definitely traceable, but I do not believe you'll be able to check when it is cashed. But the gov't is going to grab its money asap, so I would not correclate the cashing of the MO with tax stamp processing time.

I'm a silencershop dealer. Definitely recommend going through them. They make it so much easier. I think the hardest to beat rifle cans right now are yhm turbos and resonators. Really good price and seem to be very well made. Dead Air also makes excellent cans. Make sure you price the muzzle device your going to use too because you'll be buying a few of them at least. There's a lot of good suppressor options on the market.
The YHM Resonator fits the bill, works well, and is not too crazy $$. Let the kiosk handle prints/pics/etc. Single Shot trust is worth the $25 in my humble opinion.

Back
Top Bottom