• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking about getting a 1st suppressor.

Just make sure you verify the threads on the AK are concentric. You definitely don’t want baffle strikes.

I have two 30 cal cans. A Dobbs Ac30 and Rugged Surge, both are good….yet totally different. Be warned, one will never be enough.

Skip the AK for now... the Wolverine is the only one I would trust there and besides, it's not all that useful on an AK.

For the AR I would look at Griffin Armament. They make some of the best rifle cans out there, and they have a range of prices, mounts and sizes.

For a dedicated system take a look at their GP5. It's made to be pinned and welded onto a 10.5" barrel to make a 'one stamp' gun. I run the previous version (Spartan) on a 10.5 AR that I use as my HD rifle.

Seriously though, for a first can, get a 22. You will get more enjoyment out of a 22 can than any other caliber, and they are useful on a ton of different pistols and rifles. Get the AR ones too... but get a rimfire can as well.

As other have said, skip the AK being suppressed. I've shot the Wolverine and it is not hearing safe. AK gas system is not friendly for suppression. 22 can is the most fun (as nastiest) to shoot. If you are looking at pistol cans, think hard about a 45 can as you can use it on 9mm. Can't use 9mm on 45. For rifle, I like 30 cal cans for the same reason as you can go smaller; but not larger. Whatever you get, just make sure it is rated for the short barrel and have fun. They are addictive.

Yeah, this shop sells SilencerCo products and said they would handle all paperwork. I just needed to get pics, prints, and ATF payment.

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been waiting?
not sico(but i do own 2 sico cans)...silencershop. they will handle the paperwork, photo and fingerprinting.

6-7 months on average. ymmv.

Back
Top Bottom