• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking about buying an RV and traveling the country...............Well that lasted about 5 minutes

This is Pappy and Samsam sitting on the bench at the entrance to Wall Drug, Wall, SD

pappy sam wall.jpg
I personally like Rving. Fuel costs are higher, but when you want to stop, you stop. I pull a Jeep TJ. I bring my dog. My wife likes it as well. But there is a lot of work involved.
Rent one first. And plan trips within 5 hours. There are tons of cool things to see and do nearby. If you really want to camp Yellowstone, fly into Spokane, rent an RV and drive over. Spend the time there, not getting there.

If you are pushed for time, that is exactly what I would do. Or maybe do the same thing out of Denver.

If you have the time to spare, there sure is a lot of interesting things on the route. The Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD. The Mammoth Site about 50 miles south of Custer, SD. Devil's Pulpit. Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument, Souix Falls, Zion Nat'l Park is not to be missed. The Arches Park, Dead Horse Point. Canyonland Park.... the list is endless. We enjoyed the drive because we could see something interesting, and just pull off the route for a couple hours and see it. And everyone need to visit Wall Drug in Wall SD just to say they have been there.

I got me a new Stetson in Wall, SD.

Back
Top Bottom