• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking about buying an RV and traveling the country...............Well that lasted about 5 minutes

So here is the question......WTF Do I do with my class 3 NFA toys? And can I carry a smith 629 classic for self defense across most of the country minus New York and Chicago and any uppity type places that don't allow firearms cause I won't be going to any of those places?

Can I for example Carry my 629 in the RV to Yellowstone in the park? Or do I have to travel the country with a sling shot?

50 States Compliant.jpg
:)

I read their various threads. They weren't very informative or knowledgeable sadly. I have already got more intel from the ODT than I found there.

The thing being that this will be a full time residence if I decide to do it. Gonna sell the house and just have a really nice RV.
My neighbor did tthat and hasn't looked back but you have to embrace the life style to really enjoy.When he gets to a place he wants to stay awhile he will find a someone to let him run ir for free rent then move on when he's through.

Thanks for clarifying. I should have googled before posting. My friend and I were there in 2008 and there was a sign at the entrance " No Firearms Allowed". We just stopped at the gate ,paid our fee and road on in .......
what a difference a day makes (:shocked:). Google says the law was changed in 2010.
Damn I'm getting old

My rig was a 3/4 ton Ram 2500 4wd pulling a 27 ft hybrid camper. We would set the camper up in a central location, and travel the surrounding area for 2 or 3 days. After that, we would drive 300 to 400 miles. Rinse and repeat. I wish I could post pictures in here without having a URL. I made a ton of pictures of our trip.

We put over 7800 miles on the truck, travelled for 43 days, and had the time of our lives. There is nothing like sharing the memories of a trip like that with your grand children.

Oh, and the Buffalo Bill Firearm Museum in Cody, Wy is NOT to be missed. Ever.
I heard that museum was great & that you could spend 1-2 days in it easily.

Back
Top Bottom