• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking about buying an RV and traveling the country...............Well that lasted about 5 minutes

My rig was a 3/4 ton Ram 2500 4wd pulling a 27 ft hybrid camper. We would set the camper up in a central location, and travel the surrounding area for 2 or 3 days. After that, we would drive 300 to 400 miles. Rinse and repeat. I wish I could post pictures in here without having a URL. I made a ton of pictures of our trip.

We put over 7800 miles on the truck, travelled for 43 days, and had the time of our lives. There is nothing like sharing the memories of a trip like that with your grand children.

Oh, and the Buffalo Bill Firearm Museum in Cody, Wy is NOT to be missed. Ever.

So here is the question......WTF Do I do with my class 3 NFA toys? And can I carry a smith 629 classic for self defense across most of the country minus New York and Chicago and any uppity type places that don't allow firearms cause I won't be going to any of those places?

Can I for example Carry my 629 in the RV to Yellowstone in the park? Or do I have to travel the country with a sling shot?
I’m pretty sure the only places I want to visit are reciprocity states. Chicago? New York? Why?

I wont comment on the gun carry issue as I'm not knowledgeable enough on the interstate carry issue.
But i have known several people who have done what you are considering.

1 -couple loved it and traveled the country for 20 years working small jobs and staying 2-3 weeks and moving on..

1 -couple hated it and returned and sold the camper in 6 months.

Good luck.

Logistically speaking after a ton of thought and consideration I'm gonna have to pass on RV'ing. I wouldn't be able to get my VA medications sent everywhere I'm gonna be and trying to make my monthly appointments sometimes twice monthly would cause me to have to drive too dang much.

Thank for all the advice guys but I'm gonna have to pass.

Well........that lasted 8 hrs.
LOL. I was in the this will be fun phase followed by the how the F am I gonna manage this phase. Then came the realization phase of being stuck where I'm at.

Little bummed but at least I thought it through for once.

LOL. I was in the this will be fun phase followed by the how the F am I gonna manage this phase. Then came the realization phase of being stuck where I'm at.

Little bummed but at least I thought it through for once.

Stay in that fun place, rent one and do a road trip!! No managing a damn thing. Come home and drop the camper off and done!!

Back
Top Bottom