• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking about buying an RV and traveling the country...............Well that lasted about 5 minutes

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
So here is the question......WTF Do I do with my class 3 NFA toys? And can I carry a smith 629 classic for self defense across most of the country minus New York and Chicago and any uppity type places that don't allow firearms cause I won't be going to any of those places?

Can I for example Carry my 629 in the RV to Yellowstone in the park? Or do I have to travel the country with a sling shot?

So here is the question......WTF Do I do with my class 3 NFA toys? And can I carry a smith 629 classic for self defense across most of the country minus New York and Chicago and any uppity type places that don't allow firearms cause I won't be going to any of those places?

Can I for example Carry my 629 in the RV to Yellowstone in the park? Or do I have to travel the country with a sling shot?
Non allowed in Yellowstone, but, they didn’t check me or my buddy. We were on bikes.

I read their various threads. They weren't very informative or knowledgeable sadly. I have already got more intel from the ODT than I found there.

The thing being that this will be a full time residence if I decide to do it. Gonna sell the house and just have a really nice RV.

My job, before I retired, took me all over the US. And, I have travelled all over on motorcycles thru my years and I have always carried. I’ve luckily never been checked. That being said, when I was carrying it was always one that if it got taken for what ever reason I wouldn’t have lost much.

BTW- enjoy the travel

we went to Yellowstone this summer. I carried the entire time we were there. We stayed in the campgrounds for 4 nights/ 5 days. I had no problems, I wasn't checked either. I just didn't make a show of having a weapon on me.

A word to the wise about Yellowstone. If you plan on staying inside the park, you can make reservations 6 months in advance. Don't wait til 5 months and 29 days to make them, or you may not get a site. They go in a awful hurry.

With the Chiiiinnah flu this summer, it was really nice at the park. No tour busses were running. Hardly any daytime traffic in the park, and the animals were travelling well, so we saw a lot of them. The bad part of the chinnah flu was that the restrooms were all closed, and the stores were more difficult to shop because of capacity limitations and social distancing.

We also stayed at Custer State Park in South Dakota, Zion Nat'l Park and the Grand Canyon... no problems anywhere carrying.

Back
Top Bottom