• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Theme Parks- I can't ride the big stuff anymore.

My last trip to six flags was 24 years ago. We got there early just as they opened up... we raced around and rode all the big rides some of them twice before it got crowded. Had a great time, loved roller coasters.
Yesterday I had to talk myself into getting on the little step stool to get something off the top shelf and even then I had to hang on to something.
Equilibrium is shot, hell I get dizzy sometimes just standing there.
Growing old sucks but it's still better than the alternative.

Rides have gotten more complex no doubt but it's stlll physics and physiology. And...it's like Sex. Make sure you breath cadence keeps pace with your heart beat and the blood flow will follow. Otherwise...even viagara wont help you.

The physics of rides dont change. The ride starts with similar energy at the top of the ride and disperses the energy throughout the run. Your body reacts the same as long as you keep in mind to breathe correctly (i.e. dont hold your breath). Keep your blood from flowing to different parts of your body before you pass out...

Is this you?
That brutha at da end dough. LoL!

The VR rides that spin around bother me. The Joker ride at Six Flags really gets to me. It just goes back and forth, upside down.

Other than that, no problems. My youngest and I love Six Flags and have had a pass for the past few years, ut not this past season.

I ride all the rides except then last time I rode the old Georgia Cyclone at Six Flags several years ago, I felt that I was kicked in the neck by a mule. It ruined my day.

Other than that, no issues.

This.

Love all the other rides and the ones at Disney, too - but the old GA Cyclone was not a pleasant experience as an adult.

I have trouble with 3D rides but not with Rollercoaster
I got where I had to take dramamine when we went to a theme park or if I new I was going to be flying on a helicopter. I can't handle riding in the backseat of a car very well either.

Back
Top Bottom