• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Theme Parks- I can't ride the big stuff anymore.

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
Just got back from Orlando. I can't ride the crazy stuff any more. I had the worst motion sickness I have ever had. Did 1 Big ride to start the day and BAM Cold sweats, Nausea, Dizzy, Took me hours to feel better. Now mind you I have flown on all sorts of aircraft, no issues, Boats/Ships , No issues, Not a fan of helicopters but still no issues. I read on line there comes a point where you just cant do this stuff without paying for it. I am in my late 40's. Anyone else discover this by experiencing it first hand while at the theme park?

Just got back from Orlando. I can't ride the crazy stuff any more. I had the worst motion sickness I have ever had. Did 1 Big ride to start the day and BAM Cold sweats, Nausea, Dizzy, Took me hours to feel better. Now mind you I have flown on all sorts of aircraft, no issues, Boats/Ships , No issues, Not a fan of helicopters but still no issues. I read on line there comes a point where you just cant do this stuff without paying for it. I am in my late 40's. Anyone else discover this by experiencing it first hand while at the theme park?

Was it mission space by chance?

Rides have gotten more complex no doubt but it's stlll physics and physiology. And...it's like Sex. Make sure your breath cadence keeps pace with your heart beat and the blood flow will follow. Otherwise...even viagara wont help you.

The physics of rides dont change. The ride starts with similar energy at the top of the ride and disperses the energy throughout the run. Your body reacts the same as long as you keep in mind to breathe correctly (i.e. dont hold your breath). Keep your blood from flowing to different parts of your body before you pass out...

Is this you?

My sons and I waited an extra 15 minutes to ride in the first seats on one badass roller coaster. At the end, we saw a pic of us partway through the ride as we were flying through space. The boys were smiling big and I looked like I had been gut shot. Think Lee Harvey Oswald shot. Roller coaster days are over for me.

I have had similar experiences. But what I discovered was that if I kept my head as stationary as possible then there were no issues. Meaning that I keep my head pointed straight and no looking around.

Motion sickness/vertigo is caused mostly by the signals from your inner ear, your eyes and the seat of your pants disagreeing. You brain then doesn’t know what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 44 and over the past few years I've begun to get motion sickness. When riding over the mountain as a passenger on 441 to NC I got very ill a few years back. Lost my appetite for the rest of the day and felt uneasy on my feet for the afternoon. I was shocked because I have never felt that way before.

Back
Top Bottom