• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The worst ammo ...

madmarinehays

Marines Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
268   0
Reaction score
I just wanted to see what people would say is the worst ammo or manufactures of ammo out there. Or if you have completes about ammo.

Atlanta arms and ammo leave very thick carbon compared to others, and is a very smoky. Remington tends to be a little sparky. I personally like winchester, never had any problems with them.

I'll chime in regarding some rimfire ammo I chrono'ed once upon a time... I had lots of different brands, and the most inconsistent of the day was Winchester HV. Maybe just the box/lot I bought, but the speeds were all over the place- bottom end about 1100 FPS and top end around 1500 FPS. Also lots of FTFs out of that lot.

There may be lots of people to disagree with me, but I don't buy that stuff anymore.

GA arms .223 sucks, I was shooting over a small pond (50 yards across) and 10 rounds out of a magazine hit the water about half way across. Could have just been the lot, but it was very unsafe.

Herter's .45 stinks like the devil but it's cheap and goes bang every time. So, I don't shoot it at indoor ranges, that's all. I have experienced some hard primers on Russian 5.45x39 milsurp that I had to strike twice in my Adams Arms upper but my Polish Tantal has yet to meet a primer it couldn't light on the first strike.

Tul ammo... That crap is horrible... The Wal mart federal brown box stuff fires well... I am currently running a bunch of freedom munitions (new and reman) about 1k through and not a single issue (and it is cheeeeeeaaaaap)...

Back
Top Bottom