• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The trend

Be careful, the mere suggestion (accurate or not) that some ODT members may be dramatically inflating prices is enough to draw the ire of the mods! Obviously, some of the powers-that-be have a strong interest in keeping this sort of information from the membership.
I’m actually following the rules with my post. I’ve opened a firearms discussion in which I haven’t called anyone out, haven’t used foul language, and am polite. I’m just stating the trend I’m seeing. You guys are correct, people can ask what they want for their golden toys. I read their posts, shake my head and usually move on. I do like to follow sometimes to read the comments of others...

OP lives in Colorado. Lol
jeepnuts jeepnuts I realize that I’ve only been a member since 2013, but I’ve made some good friends on here and even greater transactions. Just because I’ve moved to a better place doesn’t mean I can’t still buy and sell here on ODT. I REALLY wish we had something like it here in Colorado!

I’m actually following the rules with my post. I’ve opened a firearms discussion in which I haven’t called anyone out, haven’t used foul language, and am polite. I’m just stating the trend I’m seeing. You guys are correct, people can ask what they want for their golden toys. I read their posts, shake my head and usually move on. I do like to follow sometimes to read the comments of others...
I completely agree, but as stated in the official "rules": (https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/help/rules/) the mods get to make up the rules as they go along.

jeepnuts jeepnuts I realize that I’ve only been a member since 2013, but I’ve made some good friends on here and even greater transactions. Just because I’ve moved to a better place doesn’t mean I can’t still buy and sell here on ODT. I REALLY wish we had something like it here in Colorado!
You can, certainly! I been eyeing that SP101 you’ve got. I’d certainly deal with you any time, sir.

Some of the mods are fine. A couple though, pander to their friends and run this place like its their own little kingdom... Which I guess it is, because the owner allows it.
Sure, some are absolutely reasonable, decent well-meaning people. Others apply made up rules in an arbitrary and capricious (sometimes even malicious) manner. Since I've started paying attention, its almost humorous to watch.

Sure, some are absolutely reasonable, decent well-meaning people. Others apply made up rules in an arbitrary and capricious (sometimes even malicious) manner. Since I've started paying attention, its almost humorous to watch.

Trust me, I know all too well how one or two make it personal, and go after some people with a vengeance...

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom