• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The prices set on the unhampered market correspond to an equilibrium of demand and supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MRH stated that "he did not have proof of anyone running a side business." I agree with that statement completely. I have no proof that anyone is doing that on ODT...none. After MRH made his statement, SirSpanksAlot comes back with "They absolutely are. Guarantee it." He did not say he suspects it is happening, he said "they absolutely are". For him to feel that he can "guarantee it", he must have first hand knowledge. Where does he get that information? How can someone make a guarantee that something is happening unless he has first hand knowledge? If he has first hand knowledge, where did he receive such information and how was it obtained? Did he violate any privacy laws in receiving this first hand information?

I read the other day a post that one of our members stated that he can tell who is flipping by using the Feedback portion of this site. I would love to give him credit, but I cannot remember his name. He said it was easy to determine. Just look at who is selling, who is buying and look up the price. I did not get it and could not understand how that would work, but he was adamant that he could pick out "flippers". Baseless accusations about members running a side business, "flipping", or that the moral integrity of members of this site is severely lacking shows how low some will stoop to try and make a point that few even care about. I have been called a "flipper" because I disagreed with one member's post. I asked him to prove his point. Prove to this site than I am a "flipper". He did not respond.

Baseless accusations that rely on opinions and suspicions are worse for ODT than anyone making a quick $50 bucks on a used GLOCK. These rants about prices are nothing more than rants about members they believe are making money on uneducated, uninformed and basically stupid buying members. Not the "free market" BS that some keep bringing up. That is nothing more than a ruse they use to try and make some point about prices. They believe they are doing ODT a service by informing members that a price is too high and want to validate their superiority by posting. I don't think our members are uneducated, uniformed and are stupid. I believe some are less experienced than others, but there is a huge amount of information available online to help those who need additional information about a particular gun/ammo/optical whatever. And, there is a world of information available on ODT through the members. Every member on this site is an adult, and fully capable of doing their own due diligence without the help of some arrogant know it all.

BTW, one cannot price gouge on a gun or ammo.

Has anyone looked at the Gunbroker lately?
ODT prices are very tame, compare to GB.
Or is GB not a free marketplace also?
You mean you can't shyte all in a seller's auction ad page? No comments? THAT'S NOT FAIR! ARE THERE NO FREE MARKETS ANYWHERE?

Has anyone looked at the Gunbroker lately?
ODT prices are very tame, compare to GB.
Or is GB not a free marketplace also?

Both are places where high prices and flipping for 50% markups are encouraged, protected and celebrated. Both peas in the same pod. ;-)

Hence why smart buyers just go to the local gun store for normal prices these days...

And play close attention, and you will see guns sold here at one price, showing up on GB and AL within 24 hours at a much higher price... lol

Both are places where high prices and flipping for 50% markups are encouraged, protected and celebrated. Both peas in the same pod. ;-)

Hence why smart buyers just go to the local gun store for normal prices these days...

And play close attention, and you will see guns sold here at one price, showing up on GB and AL within 24 hours at a much higher price... lol
Does anybody have time for that kind of crap? Or are these just more blind accusations? Don't worry about responding, we already know the answer.

And GB is an auction site. Buyers set the market by bidding an item up. So completely different than the ODT, and a true free market platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom