• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Price of AKs

Key word there “rarely” still happen. I like the AK and the AR. But picky when it comes to the AK.

Personally, I cannot find a single documented case of it ever happening, outside of the specific instances that I listed. I can’t prove it didn’t happen, just as folks cannot prove that it did happen, so I used the phrase “rarely”.

When I was a young Marine, our senior officers and SNCO’s were all Vietnam vets, as well as several friends and family members of mine. This is a conversation that I’ve had before.

Your statement makes it sound like this was a common practice, when it was not. Additionally, you cannot compare the reliability of the 1960’s M16 platform and ammo with the modern variants and ammo. The ammo was part of the problem. Feed any weapon crap ammo and you get crap performance.

Personally, I cannot find a single documented case of it ever happening, outside of the specific instances that I listed. I can’t prove it didn’t happen, just as folks cannot prove that it did happen, so I used the phrase “rarely”.

When I was a young Marine, our senior officers and SNCO’s were all Vietnam vets, as well as several friends and family members of mine. This is a conversation that I’ve had before.

Your statement makes it sound like this was a common practice, when it was not. Additionally, you cannot compare the reliability of the 1960’s M16 platform and ammo with the modern variants and ammo. The ammo was part of the problem. Feed any weapon crap ammo and you get crap performance.
Never said it was “common”. Just that it’s happen.

image(13).jpeg

Its crap. I like aks but they arent deserving of the prices being asked. I like glock but I'm not paying those prices either. They are good firearms not works of art. Glocks are 500 range and ak upper end are 700. And its takes everything in me not to roast every a$$hole trying to sell some anderson piece of crap ar for 1k.
And SKS should not cost more than $99.
AKs used to be $300 guns. Even $700 is a rip off.

And SKS should not cost more than $99.
AKs used to be $300 guns. Even $700 is a rip off.

Guys must be blowing their stimulus checks and kid's college funds on the SKSs listed on gunbroker. They are going for at least twice (or more) than what they should. AKs too...just plain crazy.

Back
Top Bottom