• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Price of AKs

If I take your class I will run either Vepr FM or SLR107 or Bren 2.
My back up for the other class was Marcolmar's CetmeL with Meprolight's M21. But I had more x39 ammo on hand than 5.56, so I went with the ACE.
All failures in AKs that I had were traced to using surplus mags. Bodies were dented, functioned fine with the wooden dowel, did not feed fast enough when fired.
I am pickier about the surplus magazines now, check the bodies and spring length.

Bad mags can be the Achilles heel of any auto or semi-auto.

Its crap. I like aks but they arent deserving of the prices being asked. I like glock but I'm not paying those prices either. They are good firearms not works of art. Glocks are 500 range and ak upper end are 700. And its takes everything in me not to roast every a$$hole trying to sell some anderson piece of crap ar for 1k.

Don’t forget about the stories of GI’s ditching there M16’s for ak’s in in Vietnam. Cause the ak’s were more reliable.

Key word there being “stories”. Outside of specialized units using them for very specific reasons (no ID on brass left behind when operating in areas we weren’t supposed to, making it harder to distinguish friendly from enemy gunfire, same goes for tracer colors, etc.), this was a thing that rarely happened.

Key word there being “stories”. Outside of specialized units using them for very specific reasons (no ID on brass left behind when operating in areas we weren’t supposed to, making it harder to distinguish friendly from enemy gunfire, same goes for tracer colors, etc.), this was a thing that rarely happened.
Key word there “rarely” still happen. I like the AK and the AR. But picky when it comes to the AK.

Back
Top Bottom