• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Price of AKs

They had markets in AFG with full auto AKs for $100 in 2012-13. I get nauseous looking at US AK prices knowing what the rest of the world pays for them. An AK in the US approaching custom precision bolt gun prices? Hard pass. But hey the owners "knowz whutz dey gotz."

They had markets in AFG with full auto AKs for $100 in 2012-13. I get nauseous looking at US AK prices knowing what the rest of the world pays for them. An AK in the US approaching custom precision bolt gun prices? Hard pass. But hey the owners "knowz whutz dey gotz."

I mean, you can have a full auto AR for the cost of a coat hangar.

Or a belt loop or shoe string!! You have champagne taste with those wire coat hangers, my friend. Get back on the Poors PBR level!! Lol

Well I was saying you can fashion a sear out of a coat hangar whereas the belt loop is helping you bump fire.

People are making them with 3d printers also.

I do miss the days of cheap AKs though. I just didn't KNOW they were cheap back then!

Well I was saying you can fashion a sear out of a coat hangar whereas the belt loop is helping you bump fire.

People are making them with 3d printers also.

I do miss the days of cheap AKs though. I just didn't KNOW they were cheap back then!

I don’t ever remember AK prices growing up and going to gun shows, but I do remember the SKS and Mosin crate specials $99-$150. Those were deals, looking at what they are going for now. I know my uncle got his Norinco AK for $300. Not sure what time frame though. I want to say late 90s.

I don’t ever remember AK prices growing up and going to gun shows, but I do remember the SKS and Mosin crate specials $99-$150. Those were deals, looking at what they are going for now. I know my uncle got his Norinco AK for $300. Not sure what time frame though. I want to say late 90s.

I remember the $300 AKs, I just wasn't old enough to buy them back then. And the gunshows were KICKING back then too. Good times!

On another note, I went to the flea market today and the number of ammo flippers has doubled @palmettomoon

I overheard one "dealer" saying how the ATF keeps dropping by his table to check all the boxes of ammo to make sure he isn't selling any illegal ammo. Hmmmm mmmn, suuuuuuuuurrreeee

Back
Top Bottom