• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The perfect burger?

My wife thinks we're going to Memphis for a getaway in a few weeks to see Gracelands and the Mississippi river. She dosen't need to know it's because I saw the Dyers double burger fried in 100 year old grease on Bizarre foods. I can't wait.

That's hilarious! I gotta look that up!

My wife thinks we're going to Memphis for a getaway in a few weeks to see Gracelands and the Mississippi river. She dosen't need to know it's because I saw the Dyers double burger fried in 100 year old grease on Bizarre foods. I can't wait.

Went to A School in Memphis while in the Navy. The Dyers Burgers were awesome after drinking all night at Mongo's. Ah the days of drinking, bar fighting, and eating super greasy food.:rockon:

I like a 90/10 beef/pork mix (beef should be 80/20) with diced onions mixed in. Make a dry rub of salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, a dash of sugar and a dash of cayenne (or more if you like a kick). Then, the magic ingredient...ground coffee. Yes, coffee, and plenty of it. Mix it it all up and coat your burger patties well. Sear them on the grill and cook to your preference. They will not taste like coffee, believe me. It greatly enhances the flavor.

This is my go-to seasoning now. I even use ground coffee in chili. I grilled a prime NY Strip on Friday night with this rub, and it was one of the best steaks I've ever had. I was skeptical about the coffee at first but cannot do without it now.

I like to mix dry Fajita mix and dry onions in raw hamburger meat. I let the fat juices hydrate the mix. Can’t do it with lean meat. But try it sometime.

These days I like a pound of browned ground sirloin with a can of Bush’s baked beans stirred in. Quick and easy. My coon likes it too.

I’ve stopped bringing home bread. No protein and too much roundup.

Back
Top Bottom