The official "IN" thread for the SECOND annual ODT turkey challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambo77

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
141   0
Reaction score
This thread is for saying you're in for the SECOND annual ODT Turkey challenge. Last year was alot of fun and we had a blast. It will be ran similar to last year with the exception of our judge will be(WE NEED A JUDGE). It will be a $20 entry fee again and teams will be a random draw. It would be awesome to see more people join up this year and hopefully many get in again this year.

Rules are as follows:

- 3 birds allowed to be entered per member
- birds killed in ga only
- 2 date verification pictures, one holding a newspaper of the day OR a paper with team number and screen name written on it with date written also with fan spread to show maturity or lack thereof, the other of the birds head on the newspaper with date visible OR paper with team number and date written on it.
- either a picture or screenshot of harvest record with confirmation number showing it's a legal bird
- picture of beard measurements **MEASURE FROM BASE OF BEARD, HOLD BEARD STRAIGHT**
- picture of spur measurements ** SPUR MEASUREMENT PICTURES NEED TO BE MEASURED STARTING AT THE 2" MARK ON THE MEASURING TAPE.**

Scoring
Team with most points win

Jake: 2 points
Tom: 4 points

Additional points available:

-public land 1 additional point (picture of verification in front of wma sign or a gps pin on map)
-Beard 10" 1 additional point
-Beard 11" or longer 2 additional points
-Spurs 1.125" 1 additional point
-Spurs 1.25" 2 additional points
-Spurs 1.5" or longer 3 additional points

** SPUR MEASUREMENT PICTURES NEED TO BE MEASURED STARTING AT THE 2" MARK ON THE MEASURING TAPE.**

-Bow kill: 1 extra point provided proof of using bow
-Extra beard(s): 1 additional point per extra beard

So far members who have stated in are:
Adamjen15 Adamjen15
@Shads
@Fly Fishing Guy
@C Drill97
mfoster mfoster
@Bushwhacker
sambo77 sambo77
hikingthehills hikingthehills
@Mck148439
@GTN
@JShaw
@24on48hunting
@foxsmoke
@Vincent Vega
@kingIV

Look forward to it guys. Anyone else interested feel free to jump in, entry fees will be due no later than March 12th. Teams will be assigned after all entry fees are collected so we can only include members who have sent in entry.

I wish I could but I don’t want to commit this year unless it would be individual. I may or may not be able to go much and wouldn’t want to let a team down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom