• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The official G-Shock thread

How do you tell the difference between the real ones and all of the fakes out there? A guy I know used to travel to the middle east and buy fake ones for $7 each and they were hard to tell apart.

Anyone seen the watch review videos from Nutnfancy on Smael watches? They’re pretty much knockoff g shocks but he swears by them. Think he only pays about $20 for them.

Anyone seen the watch review videos from Nutnfancy on Smael watches? They’re pretty much knockoff g shocks but he swears by them. Think he only pays about $20 for them.
After watching one of his reviews, I bought one for my son to wear at work. I think it was $12 or so. He's still wearing it a year or so later and it keeps perfect time. They look like a G-Shock but are just basic time keepers.

The Smael watches are generally clones of the more expensive Casio models. They look the same if that's what you're after, and they work just fine as battery powered quartz watches. They don't have some of the key functions of a casio, and often most of the buttons are dummies. Additionally, where the crystal on a casio will be either mineral glass or sapphire, the Smael will often be plastic.

In contrast, the Gshock Mudmaster costs $250 more, but has 4 sensors that can track temperature, altitude, compass heading, and step count, also Bluetooth connectivity.

Nothing wrong with either of them, it just depends on what you want/need.

I think the Smaels would be perfectly fine as basic time keeping while looking very similar to the Casios. I wouldn’t expect much out of them. I have an 8 and a 10 yr old boy that I’d rather get the Smaels instead of the Casios for.

I think the Smaels would be perfectly fine as basic time keeping while looking very similar to the Casios. I wouldn’t expect much out of them. I have an 8 and a 10 yr old boy that I’d rather get the Smaels instead of the Casios for.

That's a good way to look at it. Conversely, I don't like the Smael mainly because I don't like the looks and size of the Casio it copies. I like the features but the 53mm size is too close to obnoxious for my tastes.

That's a good way to look at it. Conversely, I don't like the Smael mainly because I don't like the looks and size of the Casio it copies. I like the features but the 53mm size is too close to obnoxious for my tastes.

Yea i agree I am not a huge fan of the larger size face either. It’s basically a featureless cheaper feeling Casio. “Here kids! JUST like dads!” :becky:

image.jpg
Casi-oak

Back
Top Bottom