• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The ODT Price Patrol

The ill prepared buyer should be harassed or the prepared guy selling extra rifles should be harassed?
The hope is they can shame a prepared seller into selling them a rifle at less than current market value. It's intellectually lazy to blame the seller for "gouging" when in truth? It was their own shortsightedness and poor planning that has resulted in them not having bought an AR at $400. This site is full of busybodies trying to tell other people what their property is "worth."

The hope is they can shame a prepared seller into selling them a rifle at less than current market value. It's intellectually lazy to blame the seller for "gouging" when in truth? It was their own shortsightedness and poor planning that has resulted in them not having bought an AR at $400.
This is true, if everyone were prepared, there would be no reason to gouge and the ODT market would be business as usual.

I have no problem with someone being called out for being a ****bird. You get what you get. There is a place for that crap. Its craigslist. Not a community of folks that know better.

Why would I sail a gun to you for $450 if it's worth $700 on the open market? Every time I've done someone a favor and sold them a gun at under market value, they've always turned around and listed it for market price on this or another forum. I don't care about what they do since after they buy it, it's their property. I just don't do "favors" for people anymore. If you need $250, come by the house and ask for it. We aren't "brothers." I may like certain folks on this forum but I don't consider them my brother. That ****er owes me about $35,000. I got enough brothers.

Why would I sail a gun to you for $450 if it's worth $700 on the open market? Every time I've done someone a favor and sold them a gun at under market value, they've always turned around and listed it for market price on this or another forum. I don't care about what they do since after they buy it, it's their property. I just don't do "favors" for people anymore. If you need $250, come by the house and ask for it. We aren't "brothers." I may like certain folks on this forum but I don't consider them my brother. That ****er owes me about $35,000. I got enough brothers.

When I first joined ODT it seemed like a small community of like-minded folks and I felt all kum-by-yaa and all and then I would see people begging for .22 for their kids to shoot and when someone nice donated to them they listed it later in the classifieds to sell.

Or help someone get their first AR only to see them pawn it. He took the mags.

If I had a friend who's kid wanted to shoot .22 I'd load 'em up with all they could carry for free. But yeah, I'm not giving it away to a stranger - I guess I just don't work that way.

I don't care what anyone calls me. If things go stupid again I'm selling almost everything AT CURRENT MARKET VALUES and finding another hobby. My twins' 529 plans have taken a beating. I have them to look out for.

Back
Top Bottom