• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Mother-In-Law Long read, get a drink...for me.

Good luck, my MIL lived with us twice 9mo and 6mo over the years. After the second time she moved out, I put an albino python in a large tank

I really can’t and don’t want to imagine your situation. You could start doing crazy stuff that makes no sense, dig ditches across driveway to divert rain ( like a foot or so deep) cut off breakers to all appliances , replace bulbs with 10 watts , disconnect speakers on tv. Put itching powder in their bed. I m sure there’s much more , that’s what comes to mind off the top of my head. Oh yeah houses are cheaper in Alabama at least off the beaten path :)
Yep, figure out what drives her crazy and do it...a lot, constantly.

You do realize that they brought the PERFECT reactive targets for you to shoot.!!!!!! do you realize what a high powered rifle round will do to those jars of Mayo.???? And whatever else they put in your fridge... C'mon Man... Gitrdone.!!!!!!!

Patience is all I have, Bowhunting has taught me that. I'm not a great hunter, just a very patient one.
You are letting them piss you off by being there (probably pissing them off too) but you should have just said NO to start with and maybe the relationship would have already been starting to heal by now.
I would rather piss someone off than to cause misery to myself and others.
Next time, just say NO!

similarly experienced multiple time with wifes grown kids...
there are battles you can win and then those battles that you have no chance of winning and that really depends on the wife. You don't want to get to the point where is intimate domain trust me.

You are letting them piss you off by being there (probably pissing them off too) but you should have just said NO to start with and maybe the relationship would have already been starting to heal by now.
I would rather piss someone off than to cause misery to myself and others.
Next time, just say NO!
That is probably the best advice I've heard.

I need to find a song they hate. start practicing my guitar about 9am. before they wake up in the morning and after the wife leaves for work. Hmmm
Nope, you need to glue on a pair rather than be misrable. It is better to piss them off than for everybody to be pissed.

I get along well enough with most people but not enough that I want to spend lots of time with them. Have to be very upfront and honest about things that aren't working with me.

Instead of letting it all build up to a boiling point, I hope you have a discussion with your wife and potentially your MIL if need be now.

Back
Top Bottom