• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Mother-In-Law Long read, get a drink...for me.

Will they be under it???
Having unprepared and ill-suited in laws (and BF) in your home is a ticking time bomb. Especially if they're seniors, one or both have health problems, don't have adequate Part B supplemental Medicare insurance that covers well enough. A 2-3 day stay in the ICU is about $50K from my experience and the Part B part of that COULD be enough to cut a real hole in your finances just for the deductible part and that which they do not cover. Worse, they've got their mail coming there, will have told the hospital that's where they live (and the bill collectors to come).... IF they aren't even old enough for Medicare, then you're really screwed.

Sometimes all I get from a post is a feel for how very fortunate I am. My in laws are both in a memory care facility now but they were the absolute best in laws in every way imaginable. I hope I can be as awsome to my daughter in law as they and my parents were to my wife and I.
sorry for your troubles, hope all works out.

Having unprepared and ill-suited in laws (and BF) in your home is a ticking time bomb. Especially if they're seniors, one or both have health problems, don't have adequate Part B supplemental Medicare insurance that covers well enough. A 2-3 day stay in the ICU is about $50K from my experience and the Part B part of that COULD be enough to cut a real hole in your finances just for the deductible part and that which they do not cover. Worse, they've got their mail coming there, will have told the hospital that's where they live (and the bill collectors to come).... IF they aren't even old enough for Medicare, then you're really screwed.
Don’t sugar coat it man. Give them the straight dope.

Back
Top Bottom