• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The legality of gun flippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would I call and ask about something that is not illegal or an activity I engage in? Only an idiot would make that call. If you need clarification, pay someone who knows the law to give you the correct answer ( an attorney.)

I think you should move to Commiefornia, where they like being told how deep they can breathe, how much ammo they can buy, whats safe and not safe, and how to pay through the nose for all of it.

Because it is illegal. Being an unlicensed dealer is illegal. I am not talking about the way we buy and trade over time, sometimes you make $20, the next time you lose $40... That's not what anyone has been talking about...

We are talking about the people who use this site, playing in the gray areas, and their intent is to buy and flip guns for the purpose of generating revenue. People can and have gone to jail for this. Stop trying to make it out like I am against anyone making a profit. That has never been my argument and a person with an 8 year old's grasp of the language could see that.

Stop trying to take what I said out of context and twist it into something else that you feel better equipped to provide a counter argument to. I can see it coming a mile away.

We are talking about something very specific. We aren't talking about someone who sells a used gun for $10 more than one internet retailer has one for. That's not what this is about, so you are arguing against points that I have not made.

Don't be that guy.

Ok, here's a question for the group.

I have twin boys and I've been saving for their college since they were born. But maybe I didn't put enough in and the 529 plan didn't keep up with the rising cost of a college education.

So while I was saving and they were growing up, let's say I also bought some firearms and along with them ammunition. At the same time I bought some silver coins along the way.

If I decide I should sell some of my assets to help fund their college educations - what price should I offer them up for sale? Should I sell the silver for what I paid for it? Should I sell the ammo for what I paid for it? What price should I use?

I mean, on one hand it's my kids' education. But on the other hand I have to remain true to my ODT brothers.

What's a person to do?

What's a person to do????

Sell it for whatever you like. But if I see your silver coins listed on Facebook Marketplace for double what all the local silver coin retailers are selling then for, expect some folks to laugh in your face and tell you that you are nuts. Will you be prevented from doing it? Of course not. But in a free market I would also not be banned for making comments.

Trying to equate a thread on a forum, isn't akin to you being a property owned in your brick and mortar store... You are a paying member here, as am I. While the owner can and does have their rules, just acknowledge that said rules are normally free market, but are not here.

Because it is illegal. Being an unlicensed dealer is illegal. I am not talking about the way we buy and trade over time, sometimes you make $20, the next time you lose $40... That's not what anyone has been talking about...

We are talking about the people who use this site, playing in the gray areas, and their intent is to buy and flip guns for the purpose of generating revenue. People can and have gone to jail for this. Stop trying to make it out like I am against anyone making a profit. That has never been my argument and a person with an 8 year old's grasp of the language could see that.

Stop trying to take what I said out of context and twist it into something else that you feel better equipped to provide a counter argument to. I can see it coming a mile away.

We are talking about something very specific. We aren't talking about someone who sells a used gun for $10 more than one internet retailer has one for. That's not what this is about, so you are arguing against points that I have not made.

Don't be that guy.

You have no argument and you can't see it. Your choice to say I'm twisting your words or somehow missing what you are saying just backs up mine. If what someone is doing on an online group bothers you to the point you think the group should step up and do something to prevent, in the most general terms, is not illegal, leave the group. You seem awfully worried about what someone else is doing.

And my argument, commentary, whining... whatever you wish to call it... is less that it goes on... we ALL know that it does...

It's more about so many of you adults, can't be man enough to admit it and call it what it is... It's like you have all circle the wagons and live in denial. I can document the flipping if I want, watching someone buy an item and within 2 hours mark it up $150 and relist it. It happens daily, and it;s driving the prices here up and up and up, and making the good deals harder and harder to come buy.

I mean, who would have thought that freakin Bass Pro or Adventure Outdoors would be the much cheaper venue? lol

It ruins this place, its not the place for good deals and things... its mainly a bunch of opportunist sharks trying to out scalp each other with guns that in some cases are double what a local retailer charges...

Should they be ALLOWED to? Sure, I guess. But I am not the asshole for pointing this stuff out, and wishing that some folks wouldn't try to screw over their fellow ODT'r on a daily basis...

And a few folks have chimed in how they see people buying guns with a 4473 at GGS, and then coming here the same day to sell them at a stiff markup... That crap IS illegal and it's not wrong for me tpo point it out.

Egads... some people really just don't want to be wrong and so they bury their head in the sand, create strawman arguments, etc...

Sell it for whatever you like. But if I see your silver coins listed on Facebook Marketplace for double what all the local silver coin retailers are selling then for, expect some folks to laugh in your face and tell you that you are nuts. Will you be prevented from doing it? Of course not. But in a free market I would also not be banned for making comments.

Trying to equate a thread on a forum, isn't akin to you being a property owned in your brick and mortar store... You are a paying member here, as am I. While the owner can and does have their rules, just acknowledge that said rules are normally free market, but are not here.

From what little I've seen of this nazi HOA wannabe thread, you're the one who has no understanding of a free market. If you want to see the free market at work, go setup a competing gun trading website and establish your own set of rules that allows people to say what they want. And let us know how that works out for you... Competition free of onerous government oversight - that is a free market.

Don't be that guy.

Best advice in this ridiculous thread. Too bad you didn't take your own advice.

IhNKCag.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom