• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The legality of gun flippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seen that too. No reason other than taking advantage of others.
I am not sure the site needs to be responsible for unresposible people. They are taking the risk of flipping firearms and it will likely catch up with them. The guy flipping the GP100 for $100 more than he paid for it a day earlier just goes on my ignore list. He may have a ligitimate reason, but I care not to deal with folks like that.
I am not sure the site needs to be responsible for unresposible people. They are taking the risk of flipping firearms and it will likely catch up with them. The guy flipping the GP100 for $100 more than he paid for it a day earlier just goes on my ignore list. He may have a ligitimate reason, but I care not to deal with folks like that.

That's not how the law reads. It does not have to be your sole source of income. And it's less about what the IRS thinks and more about what the BATF thinks.

Call the ATF and ask to speak to someone. Ask them if you need an FFL to sell guns on the side as a second source of income. Tell them you are just flipping them for extra money, maybe a gun or two a week, and ask them if that's cool under the law. Tell them you do it as a side gig, buying a gun low, marking it up a couple hundred and then immediately selling it to strangers online to make extra cash. Tell them that occasionally, you see a good deal at a dealer so you fill out a 4473, buy it, and then sell it online that night or the next day for a markup.

Report back? ;-)
The words “straw purchase” immediately come to mind. But then again remember how many experts we have here

Ok, here's a question for the group.

I have twin boys and I've been saving for their college since they were born. But maybe I didn't put enough in and the 529 plan didn't keep up with the rising cost of a college education.

So while I was saving and they were growing up, let's say I also bought some firearms and along with them ammunition. At the same time I bought some silver coins along the way.

If I decide I should sell some of my assets to help fund their college educations - what price should I offer them up for sale? Should I sell the silver for what I paid for it? Should I sell the ammo for what I paid for it? What price should I use?

I mean, on one hand it's my kids' education. But on the other hand I have to remain true to my ODT brothers.

What's a person to do?

What's a person to do????

Ok, here's a question for the group.

I have twin boys and I've been saving for their college since they were born. But maybe I didn't put enough in and the 529 plan didn't keep up with the rising cost of a college education.

So while I was saving and they were growing up, let's say I also bought some firearms and along with them ammunition. At the same time I bought some silver coins along the way.

If I decide I should sell some of my assets to help fund their college educations - what price should I offer them up for sale? Should I sell the silver for what I paid for it? Should I sell the ammo for what I paid for it? What price should I use?

I mean, on one hand it's my kids' education. But on the other hand I have to remain true to my ODT brothers.

What's a person to do?

What's a person to do????
Let the college know you are an ODT member, and they should take care of you.

That's not how the law reads. It does not have to be your sole source of income. And it's less about what the IRS thinks and more about what the BATF thinks.

Call the ATF and ask to speak to someone. Ask them if you need an FFL to sell guns on the side as a second source of income. Tell them you are just flipping them for extra money, maybe a gun or two a week, and ask them if that's cool under the law. Tell them you do it as a side gig, buying a gun low, marking it up a couple hundred and then immediately selling it to strangers online to make extra cash. Tell them that occasionally, you see a good deal at a dealer so you fill out a 4473, buy it, and then sell it online that night or the next day for a markup.

Report back? ;-)

Why would I call and ask about something that is not illegal or an activity I engage in? Only an idiot would make that call. If you need clarification, pay someone who knows the law to give you the correct answer ( an attorney.)

I think you should move to Commiefornia, where they like being told how deep they can breathe, how much ammo they can buy, whats safe and not safe, and how to pay through the nose for all of it.

Be a capitalist - in the eyes of the law difficult to do as they make laws to prevent it at every turn. I buy lots of stuff that I want one day and sell soon after. If higher great, if not that's ok too. Selling at market value is how the world works 'cept in maybe New York, North Korea...you know the communist places.

Guns I buy for myself, always.
Sometimes I decide to sell them but I have always bought them for me... and me only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom