• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The legality of gun flippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
B218CFD6-8A68-47BD-BE60-37255D6EC93F.gif

I am a free market capitalist. In a free market, the consumer is allowed a voice. They can speak, they can call something out, they can use their voice to exert influence on said market, and help keep things in check.

That's not what this is. Here, the consumer is muted, gagged.

You clearly don't know what a free market is. You like some parts of it, but not others. You like being able to "do whatever you want", without someone calling you out on it.

That's not a free market, son...

So what about this as an example. Would you go into Apple stores and yell about the high prices of their electronics? Would you do this in a BestBuy and tell everyone shopping the products could be had for cheaper on Amazon? I'm willing to bet you wouldn't. Why not? Because they'll throw your rear end out of their stores quickly.

With that said, you can moan about their higher prices anywhere else, and choose to do business elsewhere right? As long as your not interrupting 'their' business. And, just like in that situation, you can do the same with ODT. See a listing you don't like? Moan about it somewhere else.

You keep saying this, but it is not true. Go into any gunstore and start telling the other customers that the prices are too high. You will be told to leave. Now you can go into the restaurant across the street and talk about how high the gun stores prices are, you can call your buddies and talk about it, but you cannot do it inside the business you are talking about without being told to leave.

Hell it's not just gunstores. Go into a Publix and start telling everyone in the deli area how overpriced their deli meet is and report back.

No different than here.

Exactly right. This is nothing more than a person complaining like a petulant child that they can't 'call out sellers' on their prices that he doesn't like. ODT folks see through this garbage. It's asinine.

HALL MONITOR ALERT!!!! (You know who you are good Sir)

I need a ruling. I traded a gun earlier today. (You have probably already added it to your list) I assume you already know this, but please make note that I lost $13.72 on this deal in your ledger.

Can I credit that towards my next gun gouging/flip or does it not carry over?

HALL MONITOR ALERT!!!! (You know who you are good Sir)

I need a ruling. I traded a gun earlier today. (You have probably already added it to your list) I assume you already know this, but please make note that I lost $13.72 on this deal in your ledger.

Can I credit that towards my next gun gouging/flip or does it not carry over?

The new policy is to log and track the sales and consider the aggregate and do quarterly reconciliations before filing with the ATF.

Exactly right. This is nothing more than a person complaining like a petulant child that they can't 'call out sellers' on their prices that he doesn't like. ODT folks see through this garbage. It's asinine.

Actually, it was a valid question about a legal matter, that is separate, albeit related to the insane prices we enjoy on ODT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom