• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Gun Run, Laurens, SC Individual Run - July 17

So I carried a ton of ammo for this and really didn't need to but It was nice grabbing fresh mags for the first 4 rifle stages and keeping fresh mags in my pistol the whole time.

The course of fire was fast to the point and very fun.
In running I came in 13th totally surprised about that lots of way healthier people there then me.

In shooting I came in 11th pretty happy with that did have a couple of flubbs that cost me time but still very happy

I came in 7th overall combined! All I ever want is to be in the top 10 in these and I was able to achieve that I am very happy about that.

I carried 102 rounds of 9mm and only used 52 rounds 4x 21 round mags and 1 17rd mag in my pistol carried.

I carried 120 rounds of 5.56 and only shot 56 rounds .4x 30rd mags carried

Fired a total of 108 rounds

This was also my first competition that I ran reloads in both my rifle and my pistol. I was not worried about my pistol ammo reloads until P ponyboy96 came back from his run. My 223 loads I wasn't worried about either as far as functionality and accuracy but my worries were that I'd like my load recipe so much that I'll load my own 223 from here on out for these run n gun events. And I do and I will but 223 is my absolute 100% most hated round to load! There is just to much damn case prep.

I ended up taking 100 of pistol and 110 of rifle. Shot 50 and 56 respectively. I shot reloads, but I ALWAYS chamber check before I go out. Solves some of the issues with bad cases and chambering, OAL, primers inverted, etc.

223 brass prep does suck. There are a few guys that do case prep if you hunt around.. might be worth it to fill a flat-rate and pay someone else to do that part.

Congrats on the finishes guys.

I started off strong, but once the pistol went down at stage 3, it was a dnf. Stage 4 same issue and a round stuck in the chamber, dnf. I was done at that point. Walked the rest and checked in at each stage to say I was out and chat a bit.

I was carrying 4 - 21 round pistol and 3 - 30 round rifle with an extra 20 rounds in the pack. 1.5 L of water in the camelback which was almost empty when I got back.

Still good seeing everyone. You learn more from the failures I think. Wish I could have stayed longer and hung out, but I told the family we would leave when I finished.

What was the problem? Did you chamber check the ammo?
Brass issue. No I didn’t chamber check them. I had never ran reloads before, so something to learn from. I checked all 800 rounds I had and found 16 that were tight or didn’t seat all the way (brass ballooned a bit at the base). I just so happened to get 5 in the mags I loaded for the match.

Back
Top Bottom