• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Gun Run, Clinton House, SC, June 13th, 2020

What's everybody running? I'm considering putting down my 13.7" with LPVO and instead running my 10.5" SBR w/ EOTech and Magnifier just to mix it up. Hoping the 300 yard targets aren't small though if I run that setup. Will still be running the P365 though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Put the LPVO on the shorty. If I could have made it I've got an NX8 on my 11.5" to try that out.
If I was going to run the LPVO I'll just run the 13.7 as there is only 1 ounce difference between the two rifles in weight. If my 5x magnifier comes in from EOTech in time I'll definitely run the SBR. I really would just like to have more than 3x.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Same as always. 16" BCM ELW with TA33 and CZ P09.

Considering an upgrade on the upper for something p/w. May go 14.5" Centurion Recce. Maybe Triarc 13.9. May roll my own.

I’m in the under 25 min. group. Glock 17 irons and a Trijicon MRO no magnifier. 5 mags for each gun.
I have never done any running with gear on so it will be interesting.

No mix & match options for me - I have one home-built AR, one pistol, an M&P 9mm. Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6 on the 16" quad rail AR - she's a tank. The only considerations I had were what/how to carry everything else. Water, I went with a small camelback-type gizmo. Figured it best to be as hands free as possible. Ammo, I considered a chest rig but opted to keep everything on my belt. 4 AR mags and 4 (17 round) pistol, and will probably throw a handful of emergency pistol rounds in a ziplock in a pocket or dump pouch for fear of running out.

There isn't a whole heap of information for this RnG business out there just yet so I'm going on a combination of posts/feedback from folks like you, and spent a lot of time going through Lisa Stennett's Flickr account examining the different kits people were running. What an invaluable source that has been.

Just had a sole blowout on my trail shoes this weekend, so now deciding whether to shoe-goo it or try to break in a new pair before then.

Also might be looking into new pants. The 5.11 pair I bought are really great, flexible, all sorts of pockets, and fit great, but they are HOT. No air going in or out of these things - like that episode of Friends with Ross in the leather pants. ughh...

Anyone here ever stayed at the Clinton House? I have a Friday night booked at the Hampton Inn for $100 but thinking about maybe adding Saturday night, too - not sure if a 4+ hour nighttime drive is wise after a day like this. I think I read somewhere it's like $50/night at CH but I couldn't find any pics of their accommodations. Just curious what they have to offer - if it's a cot in a dusty closet I think I'll stick with Hampton Inn, LOL.

Might be moot, they could be filled up by now.

No mix & match options for me - I have one home-built AR, one pistol, an M&P 9mm. Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6 on the 16" quad rail AR - she's a tank. The only considerations I had were what/how to carry everything else. Water, I went with a small camelback-type gizmo. Figured it best to be as hands free as possible. Ammo, I considered a chest rig but opted to keep everything on my belt. 4 AR mags and 4 (17 round) pistol, and will probably throw a handful of emergency pistol rounds in a ziplock in a pocket or dump pouch for fear of running out.

There isn't a whole heap of information for this RnG business out there just yet so I'm going on a combination of posts/feedback from folks like you, and spent a lot of time going through Lisa Stennett's Flickr account examining the different kits people were running. What an invaluable source that has been.

Just had a sole blowout on my trail shoes this weekend, so now deciding whether to shoe-goo it or try to break in a new pair before then.

Also might be looking into new pants. The 5.11 pair I bought are really great, flexible, all sorts of pockets, and fit great, but they are HOT. No air going in or out of these things - like that episode of Friends with Ross in the leather pants. ughh...

I run in shorts. Just cannot do pants. I'll wear a long sleeve wicking shirt to keep the muck off me, big tall wool socks, but have to do shorts. I can't stand all the rubbing, especially when wet.

Also 8 full mags on the belt is not my ideal. I have 2 pistol and two rifle, usually shuffle one rifle in an out of pack between stages.

I run in shorts. Just cannot do pants. I'll wear a long sleeve wicking shirt to keep the muck off me, big tall wool socks, but have to do shorts. I can't stand all the rubbing, especially when wet.

Also 8 full mags on the belt is not my ideal. I have 2 pistol and two rifle, usually shuffle one rifle in an out of pack between stages.
Kuhl Silencers. I run in them even when not in R&G's. They are ridiculously light and very fast drying with stretch, they don't affect my running at all. Also they have perfect mag slots on the side, so I don't wear all my mags in my belts, I put two AR mags in the side pockets, two pistol mags in the back pockets and two pistol mags in the front pockets. This distributes everything out very nicely and allows me to rearrange easily on the move. Your mileage may vary but Ive used that system twice now with no hiccups.

Back
Top Bottom