• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Gun Run, Clinton House, SC, June 13th, 2020

20200613_154213.jpg

This was a fun one. I'm glad I was able to get in at the last minute. It was great meeting and catching up with some of the ODT guys. I ended up firing about 60 rounds of rifle and 45 of pistol for anyone that was keeping track. I've got some stage notes and once we get scores I'll write up a little more info for posterity.

IDK if anyone heard, but it sounds like there's going to be a RnG in Savannah area on August 8th. I'll most likely be in Colorado that weekend, but Ellis said he'd post something up.

And here's one with the launch times and then the shoot times converted to seconds instead of decimals of minutes if you're wanting to compare stage times a little easier.

Attachments

• GUNRUN-13JUN20 Score Sheet- SecondsScoring.pdf
    114.9 KB · Views: 10
What an amazing event! My only regret is not making more of an effort to seek out more of you dudes on here. I did run into MikefromPhilly, and that connection made the whole experience heaps better. Great guy, we hung out for hours beforehand and even bumped into each other on the course a couple times.

Sadly, I couldn't shake the nerves and that cost me big time on the scorecard, but the experience was truly awesome.

To Ellis - Kudos on a great event! And a special shout out to ALL the ROs. Super, super friendly and encouraging at every single stage. Being on the tail end of the run list I was really impressed with their positive attitudes, having been out there in the sun all day, reciting the same stage rules 70+ times.

My one accomplishment, having been self appointed Burpee King of the Clinton Gun Run! Scattered nerves caused me to time out on the RIFLE portion of stage 3, having no chance at the pistol targets, I was awarded 50...yes FIFTY burpees as penalty. Mother*^$%!!
About halfway through one of the ROs called my name, I turned to look at him and he just said "Man, I'm really sorr about this...BUT you brought upon yourself!!" Hilarious. Then on my way to the next stage Ellis passed me in his truck, stopped, rolled down the window and said he felt bad for it. Ellis, I'm holding no grudge, your RO was right, it was my own damn fault!

So on stage 5 when given the option of pulling the litter or doing 10 burpees, I figured WTF, I'm going for the burpee award (that I had just made up in my mind).

OMFG, you guys should've seen the faces on the three ROs when I told them - their jaws dropped, incredulous when I told them what I had just done and that I was opting for more! LOL, they were so flustered that they started my timer before explaining the stage to me.

Incredible day all around, thanks to all involved and hope to do it again soon

We saw Sean, that was about it. I am waitlisted for Legion, may just cancel and firm up for the team event in NC. My issues were also self made. I forgot to tape over fiber on ACOG, which made my choice either find heavy shade, shoot without support hand (covering fiber) or have my reticle bloom so bad I couldn't see target. I also hammered away at a plastic bag to left of tagets with 6 rds on Stage 3. Through bloomed reticle, I thought it looked correct. I adjusted and knocked down steel number 9 as time expired. I was happy with my performance on 1, 4 and 6. I moved too slow on transition and between shots on 5, and really couldn't see on 2 and 3.

Still an awesome time.

Only ran into P ponyboy96 as we both ran earlier. Wish I knew what everyone else looked like. I do know what Sean looks like but didn't see him there. Had a great time. Was a bit disappointing. Ran really well, 5th overall on my run time and shot my pistol about the best I can shoot a pistol. Felt like I was cruising all the way into stage 5 but then melted down on 5 and 6 with a really low ranking on those two stages which certainly cost me a top 10 finish. Ended up 14th but lessons learned as usual. I will do a full write up with details later on this week as usual and put it up here and on my personal website. Also, I don't think Sean is beatable by looking at all his scores in these things. Incredible. Well done.

Back
Top Bottom