• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Guitar photo thread!

There are no more players on the ODT. Everyone has either retired or started rapping, I guess...Smh...

Oh well. I will trudge on.

I've been playing this Gretsch for a while now and I'm in a very happy place with it. For the rockabilly/country sounds I like, this thing does it. I really like the Bigsby too....This will not be my last Gretsch.

20210324_221226.jpg

There are no more players on the ODT. Everyone has either retired or started rapping, I guess...Smh...

I've been playing this Gretsch for a while now and I'm in a very happy place with it. For the rockabilly/country sounds I like, this thing does it. I really like the Bigsby too....This will not be my last Gretsch.

View attachment 3219409

That’s a beautiful axe man. :love:

The live music scene around here has been pretty bad over the last year, I’ve mostly played in churches and private functions. Lately I’ve played my old Martin DC Aura more than my other guitars

6783B0FF-4D03-480A-8009-98DF85337643.jpeg C5079240-4C72-4E30-A94B-BFBD897F2B00.jpeg

View attachment 3219409
Just traded this for a Martin D-18
DSCN2292[1].JPG
DSCN2292[1].JPG

That’s a beautiful axe man. :love:

The live music scene around here has been pretty bad over the last year, I’ve mostly played in churches and private functions. Lately I’ve played my old Martin DC Aura more than my other guitars

View attachment 3219454 View attachment 3219455

I will probably get a Falcon sometime in the near future. I just love Gretsch guitars. They have their own thing...Hell, you know!

The live music scene is picking up again, and I am looking forward to getting right into the middle of it!

I have a slew of new songs to record. I am also putting the finishing touches on my demo station here at the house. It ain't pretty, but it works great.

View attachment 3220223Heres my Tele i put together a couple years back.
Very nice Squier CV thinline neck with locking tuners .
Alder Butterscotch blonde body . All Gotoh hardware.
Fender Vintage 64 pickups.
Very nice player ;)

I just pulled out my old Squier standard Tele so that I can get it back in action. I've had it since the 90's and played that thing live for years. Nobody ever knew the difference. I think I paid $150 for it. It paid for itself many times over. I really should invest in it a little and upgrade some things, but I probably won't. I have other guitars that I'm playing these days, and still want other things, mainly amps, so I will set it up good and keep it as is. It's a good guitar, anyway.

I like your Franken Tele. Its always cool to see someone piece one together to their liking. It is yours, and that's all there is to it.

I always dread changing strings, but I like the results.

Have you ever tried the D'Addario EXP's? They are also coated and I use them exclusively on my guitars with mahogany back and sides. I use Elixir nanos on my Taylor and Gibson AJ rosewood, but the D'Addarios have won me over on my mahogany boxes. They sound fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom