• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Guitar photo thread!

61 and 2021.

Attachments

• 1ACE8A14-6765-46A6-BC68-9ACC504FE72D.jpeg
    1ACE8A14-6765-46A6-BC68-9ACC504FE72D.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 16
bought a 72 D12-28 from gruhns bout a year ago. played the sinkers while i was there. did they give u the vince gill story?. he has bought 7 or so for himself and friends. and has a uutube video about the gtar.
i couldnt pull the trigger on one of those and the 12st...
i have 2 sc tony rice and a couple d28s and 35.
nothing plays or sounds like the sc imo.
the tr pro isnt as played in like the standard t.rice . local luthier built a d28/tr copy fir me a few yrs ago. he did a fabulous job. has only built much since .
you familiar with grinning elk? in dville. they leep some nice...pricey stuff.

Grinning elk sounds familiar, but have never been there. I'll look them up.

Those sinkers just did not connect with me. I like D-18's and thought they would be a sure enough winner, but I really thought they were average. Nothing more or less. They look nice, and sound good, but I was expecting more of a vintage tone that wasn't there...At least I didn't hear it...And I had already made up my mind to buy one before I got there. I'm glad I had the opportunity to play before ordering.

I played a new D-35 burst while I was there and besides the '68 D-28 I played at Gruhn's, it was the best Martin I played all week. I played 3 different D-41's and preferred the D-35. Maybe I'm weird. Lol...I have always liked the D-35. They seem to be one of the most consistent guitars in the Martin line up.

I am very interested in hearing about any local luthiers, especially acoustic builders. I am unfamiliar with the locals, and would like to check them out.

Back
Top Bottom