• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Guitar photo thread!

Cool video. Sounds like he had to give up some volume to get the slap.....not sure if i can get used to that. The struggle is real....lol

I'm definitely thinking the nylons will sacrifice some volume. The tone may be very nice, though. If you record they should make some interesting tracks. I keep a cheap nylon classical guitar around for recording and occasional finger style playing. I really like nylon string classical guitars. Different animal, but something to give an honest try. Hell you may like it. Or you may end up buying another bass just for nylons. bwahaha!!

I'm definitely thinking the nylons will sacrifice some volume. The tone may be very nice, though. If you record they should make some interesting tracks. I keep a cheap nylon classical guitar around for recording and occasional finger style playing. I really like nylon string classical guitars. Different animal, but something to give an honest try. Hell you may like it. Or you may end up buying another bass just for nylons. bwahaha!!

I love classical guitar sounds but i prefer the nylon stringed guitars that are built on the steel-string scale.

Another bass? Hmmmmm....... I don't suppose i can spend that kind of money again, just dont get to play that old Kay bass i already have

I love classical guitar sounds but i prefer the nylon stringed guitars that are built on the steel-string scale.

Another bass? Hmmmmm.......

Do it.

Nylons on a standard steel string acoustic? Can't say I've tried that, but it has me curious. Classical guitar are odd for a mostly steel string player. That's part of the allure for me. They add variety and can sometimes help snap me out of a lull.

Do it.

Nylons on a standard steel string acoustic? Can't say I've tried that, but it has me curious. Classical guitar are odd for a mostly steel string player. That's part of the allure for me. They add variety and can sometimes help snap me out of a lull.

When I used to gig regularly i could pick up one of these and get that nylon sound for a cool song or two, then put it back down and play steel with no issues. It's hard for me to switch from steel to a wide neck then back again...

https://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/acoustic/features/specialty/nylon

Anything new? Anyone?

Yesterday my son and I went in GC (yeah, I know) just to kill some time and I picked up a $199 Yamaha fg800 with a concert style body and was blown away at the quality of this instrument at such a low price. Solid spruce top, scalloped bracing, very nice fit and gloss finish. Just an all around nice guitar for $199! It played and sounded excellent, punching way above its weight class. I have always been a fan of Yamaha acoustic guitars. The value they give is about as good as it gets. I do not need another acoustic, not at all, but I can see myself going back and getting that Yamaha. It would make a great couch/songwriting/campfire/beater/etc guitar. If anyone is looking for a first guitar for a kid, or for themselves, I recommend looking at the new Yamaha 800 series. Heck, it's a good guitar for anyone.

Anything new? Anyone?

Yesterday my son and I went in GC (yeah, I know) just to kill some time and I picked up a $199 Yamaha fg800 with a concert style body and was blown away at the quality of this instrument at such a low price. Solid spruce top, scalloped bracing, very nice fit and gloss finish. Just an all around nice guitar for $199! It played and sounded excellent, punching way above its weight class. I have always been a fan of Yamaha acoustic guitars. The value they give is about as good as it gets. I do not need another acoustic, not at all, but I can see myself going back and getting that Yamaha. It would make a great couch/songwriting/campfire/beater/etc guitar. If anyone is looking for a first guitar for a kid, or for themselves, I recommend looking at the new Yamaha 800 series. Heck, it's a good guitar for anyone.

I totally agree, Yamaha made my first couple of acoustics and i played a couple years on the bluegrass circut with them before i made enough money to buy something else. I still have one of them....it makes me smile

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom