• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Glock 19 is obsolete

I don't think "obsolete" is the right word. He's saying, in his opinion, there are slimmer pistols with better ergonomics out there than the G19 with comparable magazine capacity. That doesn't make it obsolete. Being an internet gun person generally requires stirring up controversy, I guess, and this is one way to do it. I've also never heard a reflex sight referred to as a "force multiplier" before, but I'm not hip to all the (mis)application of military terms to modern gun culture.

9703FCFB-E4F2-4598-B8C5-18FC980F456B.jpeg

Dang, just as I get a 19, I find out it’s obsolete. Oh well, I’ll just have to shoot it anyway.

Yeah, I miss the days of FPSRussia just blowing **** up for the sake of blowing **** up. I have no interest in watching some ****ing shill blather on about **** they don’t know anything about.

Tim and the MAC has destroyed the respect and high regard I used to hold for BCM. After the last couple of years Tim has completely turned me away from BCM.
I am kinda slow. What is BCM?

Well according to MAC. Agree with his conclusion?
I'm not a Glock guy, like at all. I actively dislike them. However, the Glock 19 is far from obsolete. People keep using that word without ever bothering to look up the definition. Many times, they say "obsolete" when they probably mean to say "antiquated", but in this case the Glock 19 is neither.

Obsolete: no longer in use or no longer useful

Antiquated: outmoded or discredited by reason of age : old and no longer useful, popular, or accepted

The Glock19 does not fit either of these definitions.

Back
Top Bottom