• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Glock 19 is obsolete

The 19 is easier to shoot than the 365, but I'm on record (for a decade) wanting a tinier Glock that took double-stack mags. Kel-Tec figured out in 1996 that you could have a double-stack nine 1" thick. Sig Sauer's P365 is the 1000% better replacement for the P11. Sadly, it took 24 years to better what Kel-Tec did. Shoulda happened 15 years ago at the latest, but whatever. I'm not in the biz, and my requests were ignored.

The 365 shoots very well, if you're a shooter. I can overlap holes, and fast, at combat distance. But I can do that with a Kahr P9 too. A newbie? I dunno. Might be better off with a G19.

I didn't watch the video, but the 19 is a good all-around gun. I sold all my other Glocks, but I won't sell my 19. It's not the best at anything, but it does everything pretty good, and all the youngsters want to shoot a Glock because of some video game or another.

Someone was criticizing the XDS; it can be had with a long barrel and short grip-- plus the grip safety. There is no direct replacement for that, though its trigger sucks even after putting in the latest kits. Shoots good though; can get an extended mag, and is very flat. I have the inertia of a high-end LH holster for mine, so not going to trade unless there's a very good replacement available, and I'm not seeing one yet.

Back
Top Bottom