• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Featherblade Burger

Ex313

Air Force Icon Supporter
Wooba Gooba With The Green Teeth
13   0
Reaction score
I'm in a FB group that discusses recipes from the UK.
Someone mentioned they had a Featherblade Burger at the Featherblade store in Las Vegas.

Naturally, I looked for the recipe.

So what makes these burgers so special, and can they be replicated at home, without the kit? Aaron Fitzpatrick, head chef at Featherblade, shares some of the secrets of his creation. “In my opinion, to create the perfect burger, you need to use a combination of meat cuts.” The Featherblade patty has applewood-smoked brisket, aged striploin and a little chuck beef and suet.
“Most burgers will have an 80 lean meat to 20 fatty meat ratio. Using a little bit more fat than this really makes a big difference. Grass-fed beef is also much better to use in a burger, as it has so many more layers of flavour than corn fed beef. The grind of the mince is also very important. For the perfect burger I would always use a medium grind.”
The Featherblade bacon is smoked in-house. “We order raw pork belly and cure it for 10 days in our own special mix, then sugar coat it for two weeks and then smoke it for six hours over applewood. This results in a sensational sweet and smokey bacon, and when you fry it the sugars caramelize and give it a dark, crunchy outside,” Fitzpatrick says.

Sugar is used in the curing process. It ties up the water to stop the bacteria from growing too quickly.

Back
Top Bottom