The close of another deer season.

Rzr570

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
Today is the last day of deer season in BAMA. The rut is in full swing, but the end of the season is upon us. Unless something crazy happens today, the buck in my avatar is safe, yet again. I've been hunting him for two years and I've had a few close encounters, but never able to seal the deal. I didn't harvest a deer this year, but had ample opportunities... I was after this toad.
My daughter shot, and missed, her first deer this year... She was super pumped. I assisted an 11 yr. old boy in harvesting his first deer... A decent 8 pointer.
I'm depressed and relieved at the same time that the season is over... At this point it's beginning to seem like work... I've been chasing whitetails since the GA bow season. Time for a break... Then it's gobblers and bass!

well it least you have your priorities in order,with me there is the deer season and the fishing season.Good luck.

Next year you'll get him! This year you just did your homework to get him next season. He will be even bigger then! Rut did start slow but made for some great late season hunting:thumb:

last day here in the metro counties, I never did go to my secret spot in east cobb and now there is a for sale sign on the property.. By this summer it will be a developing new subdivision...if not gonna try like hell to get them to lease it to me again..

Well... That's a wrap. Saw a nice 2.5 yr. old 8 point that'll be a shooter in a few years, but no sight of my TOAD. Packed up my gear and got my camp house in check till turkey season. Next stop, Cumming.

Back
Top Bottom