• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thanksgiving turkey.

I will smoke one on the BGE but hard to go wrong with Reynolds oven bag. Im always trying something different with brines and injected marinades. Made a marinade with butter, pepper, broth, real maple syrup that really was good injected. Brining for a couple days is always good. Google recipies. Frying is my least favorite. I do however like a heavily seasoned pork loin fried. A whole one comes halved. We would run a coat hanger thru the ends of em an fry both halves at the same time. Those frozen half ears of corn dipped in a thick batter are good in the fryer. I'll fry several things when i drag that fryer out. Poppers, onion rings, etc.

Stick the bird in an oven bag and bake at 350.
Browns up beautifully and doesn’t dry out.
However, going over to BIL’s this year, he always fries his and they’re always delicious.

salt,pepper,butter,garlic. rub turkey with seasonings and butter mix.
place in pan.
cover with as much cheap bacon as you can. cook in oven as directed or until it reaches temp in thickest spot.baste with juices often.
thats what i have done for the last 5 or so years...

Bird down. Compounded Butter Rub under the skin. Same dry rub sprinkled on the top. Smoked at 250 with a combo of pecan and apple wood.
20191127_085939.jpg

Not Thanksgiving yet, swung by the Cloverleaf restaurant in East Dublin at lunchtime yesterday.
Good ol’ country cooking buffet. Where else you gon’ find rutabagas on the serving line?
Nanner puddin’ dessert.

Back
Top Bottom