• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Test your stuff (4x4 content inside)

If your duratracs didn’t work well in GA mud - I call user error. It’s the best tire I’ve used in nasty mud conditions that also has good road manners. But you do need to have enough power/torque to clear them out when they are full of mud.
The traction system in Sequoias is known to be a bit trash for much more than crawling over stuff. In 4H it wouldn’t allow anything over about 1700 rpm so couldn’t get them to spin fast enough, it would just cut power from the engine and bounce between about 1k-1700. There’s ways to turn it off but I haven’t researched it enough to do that in the field.

The traction system in Sequoias is known to be a bit trash for much more than crawling over stuff. In 4H it wouldn’t allow anything over about 1700 rpm so couldn’t get them to spin fast enough, it would just cut power from the engine and bounce between about 1k-1700. There’s ways to turn it off but I haven’t researched it enough to do that in the field.
Yeah I had a 4 runner that did that. Find out how to turn that off and clear the tires and you will love them. I’ve tried a lot of mud tires and came back to duratracs twice.

A hy-lift farm jack, 30' heavy chain and 3 4' long 1 1/2 steel pipe and sledge hammer will get out of just about anything.

Yeah I had a 4 runner that did that. Find out how to turn that off and clear the tires and you will love them. I’ve tried a lot of mud tires and came back to duratracs twice.
Yeah I plan on continuing to buy them. I wanted something similar to a MT, but wanted something a little more tame on the road as it is a daily driver. They also came with a warranty where most MT tires don’t. Give up a tad bit of aggressiveness or capability for a warranty, that pretty much sold me.

Do you have a traction control button? If you do push and hold it for 3-7 secs or so and it should go off

Do you have a traction control button? If you do push and hold it for 3-7 secs or so and it should go off
No it doesn’t. It has a center diff-lock button that frees up some of that stuff but it still doesn’t turn it off completely. I believe the older ones may have had it? I can’t remember

No it doesn’t. It has a center diff-lock button that frees up some of that stuff but it still doesn’t turn it off completely. I believe the older ones may have had it? I can’t remember
There's a button called acs or atrac or something. You have to be sitting still and hold it down for like ten seconds. You can turn it off. Also, if you really want to improve your offroad performance you need a locker or good limited slip. Were both rear tires spinning when you got stuck? You'd be amazed at what airing down and having something like a true trac limited slip will do.

I'm sure there's a way to swap in a locker from another model Sequoia if any came from factory with e-locker, like the Taco's and 4Runners.

There's a button called acs or atrac or something. You have to be sitting still and hold it down for like ten seconds. You can turn it off. Also, if you really want to improve your offroad performance you need a locker or good limited slip. Were both rear tires spinning when you got stuck? You'd be amazed at what airing down and having something like a true trac limited slip will do.

I'm sure there's a way to swap in a locker from another model Sequoia if any came from factory with e-locker, like the Taco's and 4Runners.
There are aftermarket lockers you can install, pretty sure it’s whatever fits in the same model tundra, the 1st gen are solid rear axle, 2nd gen is 4-wheel independent suspension. It has an early form of ATRAC, which works pretty decently, just not in mud. Lifted wheels and lost traction in other places and it kicked in and kept it moving, but it’s not a true locker. Far as I know no Sequoias, 1st or 2nd gen came with locking diffs with the exception of the center.

Quick search shows there is no button for turning it off in the Sequoias, but it’s simple as removing one of the plugs from the brake system. Now I know :lol:

Back
Top Bottom