• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tesla, Amazon & Google...Buy these stocks and here is why...

I could absolutely see trucks being the first legal DVs on the road. They are already a huge investment so fitting them with the required hardware, senors, monitors, etc. would be a smaller percentage of the overall costs.

They also can be run over set routes, and many fleets already have real-time feedback on location, speed, etc. for tracking purposes.

And as you mention, the cost savings would make them very attractive for fleets, especially since without having to worry about drivers, they could be on the road 24x7x365.

However I still think the first real DVs will be on the military side. After all, the whole basis of today's SDVs were the various DARPA Challenges that started off in 2004.

Imagine what a fighter jet could do if it didn't have to worry about how many gees it was subjecting the pilot to. How small, fast and nimble could you make it if you didn't need the double and triple redundancy required to protect your expensive and delicate human inside?

And with all that redundant gear and space out of the way, you can have a much larger ordnance load, and a much lower cost, meaning you can field far more of them. You would still need a human in the loop, but they would be much higher up in the food chain, giving orders rather than trying to steer the plane.

Same logic applies to tanks, ships and any other piece of major military hardware that's currently manned. The first major military that goes to DVs will become one of the most potent militaries in the world almost overnight.

On the subject of Tucker, you're right that the false accusations and outright slander against what was a ground breaking car was what killed it. However that was mostly instigated by the big Detroit manufacturers of the day.

Once GM, Ford, VW and such have good solid EVs to compete with Tesla, we may see a replay of that. To be fair, there's lots of dirt they could spread about Tesla that would be perfectly true. Mostly around their QC and service issues, but if you are Liberal-minded their 'unfair labor practices' (aka making people work hard) come to mind.

If you look at the early history of the car, almost none of the companies that were so revolutionary at the time even exist today as brands, and none of them are the independent companies they started off as. I just don't see Tesla being an independent EV company in 20 years. They will have sold out or merged with a larger company, or will at best be one of many OEMs for batteries and SDV tech.
The f-35 will be the last manned fighter. The ability to loose the pilot is huge for a number of reasons. G-limits, oxygen, egress, and many other design limitations.

In the 60’s the American car makers basically ignored the Japanese cars. They assumed that like the VW bug. The market for little cars would be a fraction of the market. Enter OPEC and the price of gas doubled in price.

The other thing to mention is that the Japanese were all over quality control.

Soon enough, American auto makers had trouble selling their tanks, and were forced to evolve.

So the thing that got me was the news Musk made yesterday. He nailed it with regard to where/what the US is teetering on. Mindful, his post is on the economics, not the political. He is actually proven the Oracle's mainstay advise...you have to have a physical product.

Elon Musk says 'China rocks' while U.S. is full of 'complacency and entitlement' https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/31/tes...-of-entitlement.html?__source=androidappshare

So the thing that got me was the news Musk made yesterday. He nailed it with regard to where/what the US is teetering on. Mindful, his post is on the economics, not the political. He is actually proven the Oracle's mainstay advise...you have to have a physical product.

Elon Musk says 'China rocks' while U.S. is full of 'complacency and entitlement' https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/31/tes...-of-entitlement.html?__source=androidappshare
"Put down that spreadsheet and that PowerPoint presentation and go and make your product better.”

The Big 3 have 24% of the price of every vehicle sold going to pay 'legacy costs'. Read union/retirement costs.

Instead of going through the normal bankruptcy back when Obama was in office. The actual participants who by law were entitled to be inside the courtroom participating in the bankruptcy, were outside in the hallway, and the unions and others who were not entitled to be inside the courtroom to participate were inside.

In the minds of liberals, businesses are cash cows to be milked. Hillary was quoted back when she was trying to stuff national healthcare down our throats "It's not my fault these businesses are under funded". Oblivious to the reality that 70% of our businesses are small entrepreneurs who are a bad year away from bankruptcy.

Liberals somehow believe we have stacks of cash hiding that they refuse to give to the government. When it comes to taxation the bulk of the money the government gets in individual tax returns is from the 40-60k per year filers

Honestly... if you missed the last runup you probably missed it completely.

COVID killed sales because no one is commuting, and that's where the justification for a $50k car that doesn't use gas comes from. Right now people are getting 2 weeks to the gallon, so there's no real incentive to go electric.

Also, by the time this all sorts out and a reasonable number of people are commuting again, Ford will be out with it's Mach-E, which competes directly against the Model Y, and if you don't care about self-driving, has a better feature set. Every other car maker has learned lessons from Tesla as well, and on the next 2 years you'll see tons of new electrics on the road.

Don't get me wrong, I think Tesla is a great company, but it's stock run-up is done. From now on they have to grow like a normal company, and that'll be hard.

Honestly... if you missed the last runup you probably missed it completely.

COVID killed sales because no one is commuting, and that's where the justification for a $50k car that doesn't use gas comes from. Right now people are getting 2 weeks to the gallon, so there's no real incentive to go electric.

Also, by the time this all sorts out and a reasonable number of people are commuting again, Ford will be out with it's Mach-E, which competes directly against the Model Y, and if you don't care about self-driving, has a better feature set. Every other car maker has learned lessons from Tesla as well, and on the next 2 years you'll see tons of new electrics on the road.

Don't get me wrong, I think Tesla is a great company, but it's stock run-up is done. From now on they have to grow like a normal company, and that'll be hard.

I doubled my $$$ this year on Tesla sold it and now wonder @ another opportunity (when).

I would buy half or a quarter now...and add position from there on... if the price drops, double ur position. If the price goes up, buy half of your position.

Example...buy 100 shares now. If the stock drops further, buy 200 more shares. If the shares goes up, buy only 50 shares more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I doubled my $$$ this year on Tesla sold it and now wonder @ another opportunity (when).

Do you really expect this kind of volatility in the market and for that company in the future? Not saying you can't make money, but the big moves are in the past.

Do you really expect this kind of volatility in the market and for that company in the future? Not saying you can't make money, but the big moves are in the past.
Volatility is a good thing. The way it "rebounded"...and the way it "popped" means there are people with vested interest to buy...

In contrasts to stocks that people have no interest. They dont buy, nor do they sell. It just sits idle.

This is a clear sign of accumulate what you can.

Back
Top Bottom