• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

@tazz and I are discussing Brunswick Stew...

IMG_0724.jpg

If we meet I can tell you a way that will blow your mind, it is so easy..Adds flavor and thickness, and a little sweet to off set the little bite in the beginning.. Eating my stew is like a party of flavors, going through your mouth at one time..

So stop bragging already and make us some. :boink:

Son of a ***** THAT looks good!!!

It was. I had the "fatboy"; brisket, pimento cheese, lettuce, tomato and pickles. Wanted to try something different. Normally I get the "Texan"; brisket, pork and smoked sausage. This place is not your old fashioned, down home BBQ. They even have tacos for God sake :mad: But, they are cheap and it is good. The whole meal was less than $14.

This is a simple ,hard to mess up ,old homemade recipe Brunswick stew..

The meat is better smoked, but not a deal breaker.

1 medium turkey ,or 2 good sized chickens.

I cut a small onion in half an put it inside the bird with some butter. I put a half gallon of water in the roaster with the bird to make broth an keep the bird moist. Same way I do my Thanksgiving turkey :0)

1 pork butt or picnic is fine. ........ You ain't really got to have nothing but the bird ,but this makes it better to me !

Roast & run all the meat through a blender\grinder \food processor using the broth to keep it well lubed :)

3 cans of tomatoes

3 cans of corn ,1 of them cream style.......or the other way around if you like :0)

Large onion chopped, also take the onion from the inside of the bird.

I put the veggies in a blender\ grinder all at one time ,then pour them into the pot ,them add some salt & pepper.

Add a bottle of ketchup ...24oz

A couple good squirts of yellow mustard

Half a cup of apple cider vinegar

Couple ounces of lemon juice

Couple tablespoons of woo woo sauce

A few guzsha guzshas of yo favorite hot sauce .....or just pour some in :0)

Then after it's cooked a while I add some sugar ....maybe a half a cup

More salt an pepper too , till you get it like you want it..

This is not exact ,but it's always good :0)

This is a simple ,hard to mess up ,old homemade recipe Brunswick stew..

The meat is better smoked, but not a deal breaker.

1 medium turkey ,or 2 good sized chickens.

I cut a small onion in half an put it inside the bird with some butter. I put a half gallon of water in the roaster with the bird to make broth an keep the bird moist. Same way I do my Thanksgiving turkey :0)

1 pork butt or picnic is fine. ........ You ain't really got to have nothing but the bird ,but this makes it better to me !

Roast & run all the meat through a blender\grinder \food processor using the broth to keep it well lubed :)

3 cans of tomatoes

3 cans of corn ,1 of them cream style.......or the other way around if you like :0)

Large onion chopped, also take the onion from the inside of the bird.

I put the veggies in a blender\ grinder all at one time ,then pour them into the pot ,them add some salt & pepper.

Add a bottle of ketchup ...24oz

A couple good squirts of yellow mustard

Half a cup of apple cider vinegar

Couple ounces of lemon juice

Couple tablespoons of woo woo sauce

A few guzsha guzshas of yo favorite hot sauce .....or just pour some in :0)

Then after it's cooked a while I add some sugar ....maybe a half a cup

More salt an pepper too , till you get it like you want it..

This is not exact ,but it's always good :0)

So, when are you going to be making a batch? We can have a BBQ meet at your house :)

It was. I had the "fatboy"; brisket, pimento cheese, lettuce, tomato and pickles. Wanted to try something different. Normally I get the "Texan"; brisket, pork and smoked sausage. This place is not your old fashioned, down home BBQ. They even have tacos for God sake :mad: But, they are cheap and it is good. The whole meal was less than $14.

Some of the best stuff you'll eat is when you stray from the norm. Of course, it CAN backfire as well.

That "Texan" sounds awesome too!

I kinda like Sprayberry's BBQ except it's too expensive but last time we went the stew was like soup. I'd like to try some of your families stew if you were able to swipe me a bowl or two next time some gets made. It sounds really good.

What a pathetic excuse for BBQ...

they reheat old meat that was cooked over a week prior...

No offense but I really thought they did a poor job the last 2 times I went.

Back
Top Bottom