• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

@tazz and I are discussing Brunswick Stew...

Place in commerce, Big Oak BBQ , the taste of their stew changes every week. It used to be real good and pretty much same taste. Now it changes every weekend

Sprayberrys has good stew, and thats the recipe my dad used to make as he went through school with one of the boys. And yeah their prices have gotten silly but dang the picles are good!

Try Open Air BBQ in Jackson. Very similar to Sprayberrys yet different...in a good way.
Open Air back in the day was great! And I mean I went back in the 50s. When I am able I have a hunt camp down past Flovilla. I was very disappointed several years ago, it is not near as good as it use to be.

Took me over 40 years to get my recipe down to award winning love..Wish you could come up this way I would discuss it with you..I don't print it on the web, but did place 3rd in the Great Atlanta Chile Cook off, at Stone Mountain Years ago...Made 10 gallons that time.

IMG_0217.jpg

fast306stang fast306stang run down the road to Bonaire and grab some stew at White Diamond. You'll thank me later. It is about the only stew I like and definitely my favorite BBQ. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get some for the weekend.

I like their bbq but I've never had their stew...might have to try some

They're good though! You can't even tell they're in there since they're all blended up! Lol
If we meet I can tell you a way that will blow your mind, it is so easy..Adds flavor and thickness, and a little sweet to off set the little bite in the beginning.. Eating my stew is like a party of flavors, going through your mouth at one time..

If we meet I can tell you a way that will blow your mind, it is so easy..Adds flavor and thickness, and a little sweet to off set the little bite in the beginning.. Eating my stew is like a party of flavors, going through your mouth at one time..

Hopefully one day I can make it up that way. There's a whole crew of you Atlanta guys that I wanna meet! As long as y'all can get along lol!

No one has made it since my grandmother passed. I keep threatening to do it, but I don't have a wash pot. I am drawn to the old ways of doing things. I am still going to build me a smoke house one of these days. But, the next time the boss makes some, I will get you a bowl.
I appreciate it. Hey, I just remember what that pit is called my son uses, it's a Dutch Oven.

Sprayberrys has good stew, and thats the recipe my dad used to make as he went through school with one of the boys. And yeah their prices have gotten silly but dang the picles are good!

Try Open Air BBQ in Jackson. Very similar to Sprayberrys yet different...in a good way.
I'll have to try it next time I'm down that way, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom