• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tax stamp question

Always took pics on my phone. I only had to show proof of ownership once and it was at Adventure Outdoors range.

Governors asked for mine.

To those saying you dont have to have them thats true. Ranges dont have the right to ask legally, however remember that you are shooting on their property and if you dont have them they can ask you to leave. Just so I'm not wasting my time I make sure I have them and since Im deciding to shoot at their establish I'll abide by their rules.

Georgia Law flatly bans possession of NFA items, with an affirmative defense that you have properly registered these items with the federal government.

Therefore the burden is on you to provide proof of said registration and taxation.

If you don't have a copy of your form 1 or form 4 with you,
any law enforcement officer in Georgia can arrest U and take you to jail.
The charges on you will not be dropped until you produce evidence (your lawyer has a meeting with the DA's office) that shows you had taken advantage of that exception in the law for legally registered guns.

Did the feds say that you had to carry in original of your NFA registration and taxation document with you? Or even a copy? Well no, BUT...
that probably only means that you don't have to do it to keep legal under federal law.
But now I'm talking about Georgia law -- OCGA code sections 16- 11-122 through 16-11-125.
It is illegal for local law enforcement to take your legally registered suppressor if you have broken no law.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Governors asked for mine.

To those saying you dont have to have them thats true. Ranges dont have the right to ask legally, however remember that you are shooting on their property and if you dont have them they can ask you to leave. Just so I'm not wasting my time I make sure I have them and since Im deciding to shoot at their establish I'll abide by their rules.

They've never asked for mine at Powder Springs or Kennesaw but I usually don't give them the chance to. When I'm checking in at the counter I usually tell them what I'm going to be shooting, that they're all papered and flash them my binder. They've always just acknowledged me and waved me on.

It is illegal for local law enforcement to take your legally registered suppressor if you have broken no law.

Yes, that may be true, but that won't stop them from confiscating it, detaining you, compelling you to engage the services of an attorney, only to later say "Gosh, we're sorry to have inconvenienced you, my bad". Leaving you at best with greyer hair, a receded hairline and ulcers and possibly legal debt or a hole in your savings that you had planned for something more pleasurable.

The saying is "You may beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride". It's a calculated risk you take, and if a little bit of preventive planning can save one from a future huge headache, I say go for it.

Yes, that may be true, but that won't stop them from confiscating it, detaining you, compelling you to engage the services of an attorney, only to later say "Gosh, we're sorry to have inconvenienced you, my bad". Leaving you at best with greyer hair, a receded hairline and ulcers and possibly legal debt or a hole in your savings that you had planned for something more pleasurable.

The saying is "You may beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride". It's a calculated risk you take, and if a little bit of preventive planning can save one from a future huge headache, I say go for it.
No it won't. Also my comment wasn't meant to justify not carrying pics of registration.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom