• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tax software - different results ?

I tried running the numbers through taxslayer, yet more different results, (owed more). Think I'll stick with H&R, not for any good reason other than not having to retype everything next year as credit karma didn't retain most of last years stuff.

turbo tax shows I owe close to $4000. HR block shows $900. I took it to my tax guy and said screw it. Was going to try and do them myself but I don’t trust that stuff now.

I've done my own since 1950. Getting more difficult as their instruction booklet as gone from 20 or 30 pages to way over 100. Mine have not always been simple as I have owned a farm, had jobs that required use of private auto, sold standing timber, had a small company at one time, and worked as a part time government contractor till Obama shut down some government contractors. One thing to always remember is that if you have questions on any point, interpret it in your favor as the IRS regs are not the LAW. The IRS laws are published elsewhere, and the IRS regs are THEIR interpretation of the law. Guess which way they interpret questionable points?

If you access the software through the IRS Website it is FREE if you meet the eligibility requirements. They have a vast array of offerings. I have used OLT through the IRS website the past few years and have been happy. The state of Georgia filing is free as well.

If you access the software through the IRS Website it is FREE if you meet the eligibility requirements. They have a vast array of offerings. I have used OLT through the IRS website the past few years and have been happy. The state of Georgia filing is free as well.

Interesting, had a look, but think I'll stick with block as state filing isn't included for me.

Aren't these free filings for simple returns only.

Back
Top Bottom