• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus TX22??

I just picked one up a week or so ago, and got out to do some testing last week.

Ran a mix of standard (Federal, CCI SV) and high velocity (Stinger and Aguila HV) stuff through it and only had a single FTF after 300 rounds, and that was probably the ammo. I ran about 2/3rds through my SWR Spectre can and the rest unsuppressed.

In fact the only ammo it wouldn't cycle was CCI Quiet, which wasn't a surprise, since I've never had it work in a 22 pistol.

As mentioned, the sights are fine for a typical 22 can, and the gun is very comfortable and easy to shoot. It's less accurate than my Ruger Mark 4, S&W Victory or Buckmark, since but that makes sense since the barrel isn't solidly fixed to the frame like it is on those guns.

Mag loading is a snap, although I could see how you might want to have a loading tool. It's easy to burn though a lot of ammo. I never had a problem with rim-lock, and if you load the mags with even a little bit of attention, I can't see how you would. Unlike the PMR the mag design is almost foolproof.

One thing I found interesting is that you can dry-fire this gun all you want. I saw an interview with the designer of the gun at last years SHOT show and he mentioned that it was made to be dry fired because he always thought it was ridiculous that modern 22s still had that limitation on them.

Unfortunately it's still a Taurus.

Closing in on 1000 rounds I started getting failure to extract problems. Gave it a cleaning but no joy. Took it out again to test some more and had an OOB discharge so that was it.

Looks like the extractor spring died, although it's still present and sort of functions, just really weak. Didn't seem to be enough to snap around the rim and pull it out.

Sent in in last week and Taurus says it will be up to 12 weeks for it's return. They don't have any spare parts to ship right now because they are all going into production.

I hate to hear that about yours. I’m probably around 2500ish rds through mine and it’s still running like a sewing machine. 95% of firing has been suppressed. 80% CCI SV, 20% Federal Automatch.

Thanks... the good news is that I've never had to send a Taurus back twice. Once they are fixed they seem to stay fixed.

Back
Top Bottom