• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus Rant

The reason I sold my last gun store I owned was because people wanted economy priced weapons like Taurus, hi point, and such.. pissed me off terribly because I couldn’t sell them the hi priced guns like glock, sig and such.. I said the same thing THE HECK WITH GOOD ECONOMY GUNS.. sold my place.. how the heck does people expect me to be able buy myself a new corvette when I’m selling 250.00 guns and not 800.00 guns

I bought a PT111 Millennium from Adventure Outdoors in 2000. EVERY time the gun was fired the magazine dropped straight out the bottom. Even when you made sure your hand wasn't on the release. It had other problems like firing when dropped and eventually got recalled. I sent it back and they sent me a G2 Millennium that has much better options, functions better and is an all-round good shooter. Don't know if I've ever go out and look for another Taurus, but I'll keep this one because it's good.

And, speaking of Smith and Wesson.....I bought a VERY expensive Model 22 (replica of the 1917 DA 45 revolver I also have) and they OMITTED the final production step - missing the pistol butt lanyard ring - didn't even drill the hole. I made Adventure Outdoors send it back for them to complete what they didn't do.... Oh...and also bought a JM 625 that progressively had its spindle loosen during firing to where the cylinder locked up and wouldn't even turn...had to figure that one out myself and fix it because I didn't wanna wait three months again to get it back...

All I'm saying is that the name doesn't always match up with history.
Iv notice something, if someone agrees please chime in. What iv notice is we still get gun imports from countries with crappy weapons like Taurus and etc. but we don’t get manny gun imports from country’s with good quality weapons like Russia and China. I know why the weapons ban, so it’s like our government saying well import the crappy guns and leave the good reliables out.

Hi point stops working, send it in for a new one.....lifetime guarantee. I have 2 Taurus handguns. Both operate flawlessly but I have not shot 50,000 rounds looking for something to fall off..

Iv notice something, if someone agrees please chime in. What iv notice is we still get gun imports from countries with crappy weapons like Taurus and etc. but we don’t get manny gun imports from country’s with good quality weapons like Russia and China. I know why the weapons ban, so it’s like our government saying well import the crappy guns and leave the good reliables out.
I rather stick with imports from Germany, Czech, Italy, not China!

Back
Top Bottom