• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus GX4 Torture Test | Ran It Over | Does it Still Fire? GunBrand Video

VERY ENTERTAINING VIDEO. I love hands-on tests of all kinds, including torture tests.

By the way, the audio kept fading out in this video. So I may have missed some of the commentary.

RESULTS .... drag behind vehicle = magazine floorplate breaks off, leaving hollow mag body in gun.
Also rear sight came off, and backstrap, but these should not affect function or close range defensive capability much (I qualified for a SC concealed weapons permit despite my Taurus pistol's sight falling off halfway though the shoot).

At the range, the gun jammed a couple times on the first mag fired thru it.

The rest of the several mags of rapid fire seemed to go OK.

Throwing the gun up and letting fall to the dirt ground several times broke off the magazine catch-release lever, so the gun could no longer hold a magazine or fire semi-automatically.
( I had the same thing happen to my first-generation PT-111 Millennium, but the thing broke due to inserting the magazine too firmly. Or letting my friends use the gun, and one of these friends has a habit of slapping the mag in place after only inserting it 3/4 of the way. That's always bad for a gun.)

The truck run-it-over test didn't harm the gun any more, it still functioned as a single shot.

Thanks for posting the video.

VERY ENTERTAINING VIDEO. I love hands-on tests of all kinds, including torture tests.

By the way, the audio kept fading out in this video. So I may have missed some of the commentary.

RESULTS .... drag behind vehicle = magazine floorplate breaks off, leaving hollow mag body in gun.
Also rear sight came off, and backstrap, but these should not affect function or close range defensive capability much (I qualified for a SC concealed weapons permit despite my Taurus pistol's sight falling off halfway though the shoot).

At the range, the gun jammed a couple times on the first mag fired thru it.

The rest of the several mags of rapid fire seemed to go OK.

Throwing the gun up and letting fall to the dirt ground several times broke off the magazine catch-release lever, so the gun could no longer hold a magazine or fire semi-automatically.
( I had the same thing happen to my first-generation PT-111 Millennium, but the thing broke due to inserting the magazine too firmly. Or letting my friends use the gun, and one of these friends has a habit of slapping the mag in place after only inserting it 3/4 of the way. That's always bad for a gun.)

The truck run-it-over test didn't harm the gun any more, it still functioned as a single shot.

Thanks for posting the video.
Your welcome kurt
Thanks for watching
See you tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom