• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

target shooting on national forrest land

I go to Henry Creek Shooting Range in Heflin Alabama. 100 yard range. Shoot whatever ammo you want. There is a trust box that you put $3 per car into. Half the time I go I'm the only one out there.

There are pros and cons. $3 and you can bring a few friends. The only issue I've ever had is that whomever is in charge of the upkeep can slack off sometimes and the range will be trashed from people shooting boxes and such. I don't get service with T-Mobile out there whatsoever. Also you will need a SUV minimum to get there. It goes from a paved road to a dirt road and then to a trail.

20180921_182614.jpg
20180921_182634.jpg

I go to Henry Creek Shooting Range in Heflin Alabama. 100 yard range. Shoot whatever ammo you want. There is a trust box that you put $3 per car into. Half the time I go I'm the only one out there.

There are pros and cons. $3 and you can bring a few friends. The only issue I've ever had is that whomever is in charge of the upkeep can slack off sometimes and the range will be trashed from people shooting boxes and such. I don't get service with T-Mobile out there whatsoever. Also you will need a SUV minimum to get there. It goes from a paved road to a dirt road and then to a trail.

View attachment 2891146 View attachment 2891147
sounds like a neat place only problem is I only have a passenger vehicle at the moment. will keep this in mind! thank you!

You can shoot anywhere you want on several hundred thousands of acres of National Forest land.

Can't shoot on WMA located in national forests, can't shoot within a certain distance of of buildings, can't shoot in designated safety zones - other than that knock yourself out, it's your land.

Be aware of littering which includes brass, targets and other effluvia. Don't tack targets to trees.

Back
Top Bottom