• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tarantulas anyone??

ok, funny thing about that actually. i was watching a documentary on eating them in cambodia (for who knows why). i got bored after the documentary because it was short and didnt explain when the cambodian folks started dining on tarantulas. turns out its a very new thing (like past 60 years new). during polpots khmer rouge reign of terror one commonly employed tactic was to work and starve people to death. the communists would give people just enough rice to barely survive, with no protein in your diet you will quickly starve or lose the will to fight back or resist. so, the cambodian people turned to the jungle and deep jungle indigenous tribal folks for answer. the solution was to eat bugs. in fact, bugs like tarnatulas became such an important part of their diet people still are use to eating them over there and its normal. wasnt like that before communism

keep that in mind, thats what collectivists will have us all doing, eating our pet tarantulas

picked up another T, this time a mexican redknee from petco for 50 bucks (was on sale). not sure if male or female, a bit smaller than my honduran curly hair.

not sure if its a hamorii or smithi yet either but hopefully a smithi since they are brighter color

DSC_5839.JPG

so i bought two more, bringing my total to 3

i am keeping them all new world for now. have the curly hair, i have a mexican redknee (brachypalma hamori) and a costa rican zebra stripe knee (Aphonopelma seemanni)

Regular spider?

I'm getting a piece of paper or an entire copy of Guns & Ammo magazine.

A giant hairy spider?

I'm gonna do my impression of Thor swinging a bigass hammer on the arachnid.
6D443F1C-B74B-422F-B718-A549C52C7E93.jpeg

they are basically little land robots. pretty chill once you get over the initial "holy **** they big ass bugs"

this is coming from someone who still hates spiders

Back
Top Bottom