• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Talk about a rough day and man it's hard saying goodbye. Now mom in the hospital

Man... I know the feeling. I lost 2 of my GP's a couple years back and they passed within 3 months of each other... they both were 13yrs old.
My other GP was 5 and she helped me dig thier graves with the tiller because they both were large pups. It was the worst thing I've ever had to go through in quite a long time... and I tell people I shed more tears over them than some of my family.
I just last weekend went a picked up my new little man Mack and have a pick of the litter on another female coming the end of the month. I'm excited but on the other side I know one day I will go through it again but I love my dogs and they have a great life.
Remember the memories and when the time is right you will have another buddy ✌

Attachments

• 20210405_173317.jpg
    20210405_173317.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210405_173316.jpg
    20210405_173316.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 30
It sucks and my heart goes out to both of you...I find the hardest decision to make, is to let go of that which you love..My hats off to you for making the right decision..You both put your compassion and love, to one of the ultimate test..To let go for the betterment of your member of your family..They offer and give so much love, that it is a hard decision to make..He is not suffering any more and you will always cherish the great memories..God Bless!

Thanks you everyone who has posted in here. I really do appreciate it and the support even though we may not know each other personally it does help to know that others that have been through this know and understand how someone would feel and feels about one of their pet's especially one that bring such joy and happiness to ones everyday life. No matter how hard you think or feel like you are prepared you never really are when that day comes.

We are having him cremated like my wife did with my boy Trevor while I was in Afghanistan back in 2014 before I came home and dropped my retirement papers. I felt so bad for not being there when he had to finally be put down as he was my dog and he was a daddies dog. Both Trevor, Sig and Abbey are my dog's and Misty is more the wife's dog. We will have the girls cremated when ever it is their time to go as well. We will still do the same things for them that we have always done but we will give them both a little more extra love everyday.

One of if not the hardest things to do. Been through it several times. I always get another very quick. That helps me. Sorry for your loss. Hate reading these posts.

Man I haven't had a rough day like this since my father passed away two years ago. I cried so hard and much I couldn't even drive home and me and the wife just sat in the parking lot until I felt like I was able to drive as she was crying just as much as I was. It still hits me here and there but we will be ok. We had to say goodbye to my little man Sig after 12 happy and fun filled years we had to say good bye to our little man. I guess it was meant to be as we went and looked at the new litter of puppies and you know they say the dog will pick you. Well this little monster jumped over everyone of his brothers and sisters and came right to me.

We gave him a good life and he got to travel around from Texas to FT. Knox, KY and he got to see and play in his first really good snow and he had fun in it. We then went to FT. Polk, LA and he enjoyed it there as well. When I retired we all moved back home and he was with us all the way.. Sig was always loveable, quiet and full of energy. That boy could eat and he kept the other ones in line. He was a great little boy and great little companion to have around.

He started having health problems and they started getting worse over time. We did everything we could when he started getting sick and we kept him up on his vet treatment and medications and did what vet recommended us to do to help him. He finally got to the point where he was hurting a lot more and crying in pain here and there and the medications weren't working that good anymore.
This morning we took him into the vet as he was feeling worse and had something else come up.

We had to make that very painful decision to do what was best for him with the way he was feeling. We knew it wouldn't be fair to him just to keep him here with us because we loved him so much.
It killed both if us to have to make that decision and to let him go but we know he is better off and he is up in heaven with his brother Trevor and they are playing with each other and they are no longer in pain.

Your story just destroyed me! You had 12 years with Sig, it's never enough time. You loved him for 12years. He knew he was loved. Sorry for your Loss!

Back
Top Bottom